We are currently seeking a Sr. Director, People Operations & Total Rewards reporting to our Chief People Officer. This will be a key member of the Pendo People Leadership Team that we will lean on heavily to help us develop holistic strategies that cover all aspects of Operations & Rewards at Pendo as we continue to scale quickly internationally and domestically.
This is a high visibility role required to engage cross-functionally and maintain strong communications and relationships both across the Pendo People team and Pendo business leadership teams. Using strategic and analytical insight, this role is expected to identify best practices and deliver proactive insights, roadmaps, and solutions across the organization.
We are super excited for the positive impact this role will have on every part of the Pendozer employee experience!
- Own and evolve our Total Rewards programs targeted at retaining Pendo’s competitive position and maximizing Pendozers productivity, engagement and retention.
- Design and recommend global benefits programs by assessing Pendozer needs, reviewing competitor and general industry practices, and analyzing cost impact/effectiveness.
- Partner with the People Team to advise and influence business leaders in compensation strategy, programs and issues, including equity practices.
- Develop and coordinate communication strategies and activities designed to educate and inform Pendozers about total rewards.
- Manage HR systems: Build the strategy and lead the implementation of a more coordinated HR platforms ecosystem. This includes identifying, developing, implementing, and evaluating key HR systems and process initiatives across multiple platforms and enterprise systems. Workday & systems implementations are a strong plus.
- Lead HR reporting: Make clever use of numbers to help us identify trends, spot problems early and measure Pendo’s progress towards our internal and external people goals & organizational health.
- In partnership with the People team & Pendo leadership, oversee the development and management of thoughtful, scalable, HR guidelines, policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle and are compliant, efficient, and scalable. This includes onboarding, offboarding, Leaves of Absence, immigration and other compliance related efforts.
- Ensure we are thinking productively and prepared for rapid international scale and entering new markets.
- Prepare materials for Board of Directors compensation committee meetings and participate in meetings as required.
- 10+ years’ relevant experience in compensation and benefits planning
- Experience with effectively scaling a rewards function to support the company’s business goals and growth, with a strong awareness of best practices.
- Expertise in development of strategy and administration of compensation and benefits.
- Executive compensation/Compensation Committee experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of business on a global scale.
- Demonstrated experience in driving change and leading initiatives.
- Proven leadership skills as a business partner with the ability to interact successfully with all departments and levels; desire to lead and drive, as well as work hands on and independently.
- Collaborative approach with solid relationship building, management and employee development skills.
- Strong analytical, mathematical, statistical and conceptual skills; Excel expertise is required.
- Familiarity with various equity programs.
- Comfortable navigating ambiguity and thrives in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional communication instincts & practices that keep stakeholders informed and included in a way that builds trust.
- Hands on experience managing HRIS systems implementations.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.