The Director of Growth will be responsible for leading inbound, product-driven initiatives designed to attract and convert new users and expand their usage over time. Reporting to the VP of Revenue Marketing, this person will play a hybrid role, equal parts product manager and digital marketer. They will be responsible for identifying underserved market needs, defining low- and no-cost product insertion points, and designing and executing programs that induce trial and drive progressive levels of usage and expansion. This person will be an exceptional strategic thinker, very analytical with the skills and/or aptitude to become a hands-on daily user of an array of digital marketing and product analytics tools.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Work closely with product and engineering to define, deliver and optimize the right product insertion points, including trial and freemium offerings.
- Work closely with sales and marketing to define a graduated and complementary pricing, packaging and go to market strategy.
- Work closely with marketing to design, execute and optimize a high-impact user acquisition and conversion strategy.
- Run multivariate experiments and share learnings for continuous optimization.
- Research user personas and define and optimize the user journey to drive progressive levels of engagement, usage and conversion.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management, digital marketing and/or growth roles with SaaS, e-commerce or consumer tech companies.
- Ability to set a strategy, develop and execute a plan and comfortably manage frequent realignments based on dynamic market conditions.
- Thrives at the intersection of data, product, engineering and marketing.
- Highly analytical and strategic with the ability to get things done.
- Ability to synthesize quantitative and qualitative data to identify trends and tell stories.
- Scrappy, competitive and deeply driven with an appetite to cultivate growth.
- Demonstrated design sense and knowledge of UI/UX with the ability to spot weaknesses and the aptitude and willingness to correct them.
- Collaborative and communicative with a bias to act and an iterative mindset.
- BA/BS required; MBA or relevant advanced degree preferred.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We strongly encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.