Pendo is looking for a Director, Sales Engineering.
Pendo's platform helps Product teams to understand how their product is being used, and to use that understanding to drive more engaged customers. As a Director of Sales Engineering at Pendo you’ll play a critical part in our customers’ - and Pendo’s - success!
Hire train and manage a team of Sales Engineers, while expanding revenue growth
Create technical sales plans and define sales quotas for each team member and territory based on market analysis
Provide web and in-person product overview and demonstrations of Pendo's software products to potential customers and partners.
Answer product-related technical questions.
Complete technical sections of proposals and RFPs.
Engage with product management to stay current on product roadmap and deeper technical aspects of the products.
Follow up with customer technical point of contacts to answer outstanding questions and exceed customer expectations.
Experience with advanced analytics, data, and business intelligence is preferred.
Experience in an early-stage startup required along with experience in a large, professional sales organization desirable.
Conduct product training for key prospects or pilot customers.
- 7+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer successfully co-selling Enterprise Software Solutions with Account Executives to C level decision makers in Analytics, Lines of Business, and Information Technology.
- Experience in developing and executing regional and national technical sales programs resulting in exponential gains in both revenue and brand recognition
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Math or other relevant disciplines
- Ability to communicate technical and business value of Pendo solutions effectively to all prospective stakeholders.
- Ability to initiate and work independently without frequent direction.
- The ability to also work effectively in a team environment. E.g., account executives overlay subject matter experts, technical sellers, pre-sales, legal, customer success and management.
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs require.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.