We’re looking for a go-getting, Senior Systems Administrator. You are eager to help, patient and empathetic, and you solve problems. You also know how to create and grow sustainable processes that make the job of IT easier. You love tech, and you love trying new things to see what will work the best, especially as the situation around you changes.
We support over 500 Pendozers with plans to add over 300 new employees this year. 40% of our team is distributed across the multiple time zones. We’re building the best workplace in the world, which extends to numerous remote offices and satellite coworking spots across the continents, and we believe that the best tech should be used to make the connections to our teammates feel seamless. We view our Raleigh office as an ever‐evolving proving ground for new tech and creative solutions, sometimes hacking our own if we need to, beta testing, and improving as we go.
We are (almost) 100% Mac, using Jamf for MDM, Okta for identity management and Zoom for video conferencing. We run everything in the cloud and don’t house any servers on‐premise, and we use SSO for external services wherever possible. This IT infrastructure provides a solid foundation for growth and one of your jobs will be to leverage these systems—and others—to reduce the friction of IT as we continue to expand.
We value being a top‐notch organization with a strong engineering‐driven culture, and have the same high standards with our code, systems, and people. We value learning and growth (and not being bored) and hire diverse, well‐rounded, communicative people we can envision being friends with and trust. Our IT team is lean, so trust and accountability are required for us to work effectively. Challenging the status quo of workplace technology is a big problem with almost every type of technical challenge, so we’re looking for an experienced individual that loves solving problems and finding the best modern tools for the job.
Who we're looking for:
We’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You are passionate about helping out people - be it solving an issue or teaching them how to do something - you love people and helping them.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty - you like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it. No job is too big or small for you.
- You have extensive knowledge of macOS, know how to troubleshoot it;
- You have experience with Zoom rooms, event set ups and management
- You like to build automation to set up, configure and manage our growing fleet of devices;
- You're an engaged, thoughtful teammate who takes ownership over results and embodies a service mindset.
- You proactively seek out solutions to problems and work with appropriate stakeholders to drive resolution.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
In this role you will:
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and resolve daily IT issues reported by end-users.
- Track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests.
- Develop and Implement projects to advocate employee self service and improve IT automation.
- Evaluate, Install, test, implement and support new versions or updates to enterprise hardware or software while keeping management fully informed of plans and progress. Coordinates with Information Technologies staff and business units for quality assurance testing and scheduling of move to production level
- Plans and manages medium to large size projects, and coordinates own task planning for projects with management agreement
- Make sure all our users and devices are compliant with our security standards.
- Build tools to deploy, automate and monitor infrastructure and services used by our employees.
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding for employees and contractors, and work with the People Team to improve these processes.
- Assist with future office expansions and moves to ensure IT is standardized across all locations
- Act as a source for direction, training and guidance for the IT team.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Key technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- Apple macOS and iOS
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
- Cisco Meraki
- Google Workspace
- Slack and Zoom for communications
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Ability to relocate to Raleigh upon hire
- 5+ years of IT experience in an Enterprise environment supporting macOS and iOS
- JAMF Certification (300 or better) or equivalent work experience
- Experience using Jamf Connect
- Experience using DEP Notify or similar tools
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting abilities supporting operations in a remote-working and multi-site environment
- Experience working with a scripting language (Bash, Python, etc)
- Experience using APIs to automate and integrate systems.
- Team/results-oriented, flexible, proactive, self-starter
- Apple Certification (ACIT, ACMT, ACSP, etc)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks (once we return to office)
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Commuter benefits
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.