We’re looking for a go-getting, Systems Administrator. You are eager to help, patient and empathetic, and you solve problems. You also know how to create and grow sustainable processes that make the job of IT easier. You love tech, and you love trying new things to see what will work the best, especially as the situation around you changes.
We support over 500 Pendozers, 40% of whom are distributed across the multiple time zones. We’re building the best workplace in the world, which extends to numerous remote offices and satellite coworking spots across the continents, and we believe that the best tech should be used to make the connections to our teammates feel seamless. We view our Raleigh office as an ever‐evolving proving ground for new tech and creative solutions, sometimes hacking our own if we need to, beta testing, and improving as we go.
We are (almost) 100% Mac, using Jamf for MDM, Okta for identity management and Zoom for video conferencing. We run everything in the cloud and don’t house any servers on‐premise, and we use SSO for external services wherever possible. This IT infrastructure provides a solid foundation for growth and one of your jobs will be to leverage these systems—and others—to reduce the friction of IT as we continue to expand.
We value being a top‐notch organization with a strong engineering‐driven culture, and have the same high standards with our code, systems, and people. We value learning and growth (and not being bored) and hire diverse, well‐rounded, communicative people we can envision being friends with and trust. Our IT team is lean, so trust and accountability are required for us to work effectively. Challenging the status quo of workplace technology is a big problem with almost every type of technical challenge, so we’re looking for an experienced System Administrator that loves solving problems and finding the best modern tools for the job.
If this sings to you, come join us!
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone who learns fast, enjoys collaborating with others, and is a pragmatic decision-maker.
We'd love to hear from you if you are:
- You are passionate about helping out people - be it solving an issue or teaching them how to do something - you love people and helping them.
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty - you like to get involved with all aspects of IT and everything that comes with it. No job is too big or small for you.
- You have extensive knowledge of macOS, know how to troubleshoot it;
- You have experience with Zoom rooms, event set ups and management
- You like to build automation to set up, configure and manage our growing fleet of devices;
- You're an engaged, thoughtful teammate who takes ownership over results and embodies a service mindset.
- You proactively seek out solutions to problems and work with appropriate stakeholders to drive resolution.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
In this role you will:
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and resolve daily IT issues reported by end-users.
- Track open tickets, prioritize, and document resolution of end-user requests.
- Work on projects to advocate employee self service and improve IT automation.
- Help roll out new software releases and system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and security updates, and resolve software and hardware-related compatibility problems
- Make sure all our users and devices are compliant with our security standards.
- Build tools to deploy, automate and monitor infrastructure and services used by our employees.
- Coordinate onboarding and offboarding for employees and contractors, and work with the People Team to improve these processes.
- Assist with future office expansions and moves to ensure IT is standardized across all locations
- Help ensure offices have adequate stock of IT assets.
- Participate in an on-call rotation
Key technologies we use include but are not limited to:
- Google Workspace
- Slack and Zoom for communications
- Cisco Meraki
- Atlassian Suite
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 3+ years of previous IT support experience
- Experience supporting macOS and iOS, preferably in an enterprise environment
- Previous experience with JAMF Pro (Casper Suite)
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting abilities in a remote-working environment
- Scripting and debugging abilities (Bash, Python, etc)
- Apple Certification (ACIT, ACMT, ACSP, etc)