Pendo is looking for a Revenue Accountant who will be responsible for the entire revenue process from contract review in Salesforce to execution in the General Ledger including, reconciling ARR, booking revenue in accordance with Revenue Recognition Standard ASC 606, as well as executing the billing.
The Revenue Accountant reports directly to the Revenue Manager and will work cross-functionally with Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal. S/He will play a pivotal role in meeting the cash, revenue, and ARR targets.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables in revenue and related areas, including creation and delivery of customer invoices, preparation of the journal entries and account reconciliations and performing analytics in accordance with the month end close schedule
- Review contracts for proper revenue recognition considerations in compliance with ASC606.
- Maintain our sales tax compliance and perform monthly reconciliation of taxes between Avalara and Intacct
- Support audit requests
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the job
- Other accounting duties as assigned
Qualifications (what you have):
- B.S Degree in Accounting
- Experience: 1-2 years in Revenue Accounting or 1-2 years in Public Accounting
- CPA preferred
- Solid understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition preferably in a SAAS organization
- Hard worker and driven with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in account reconciliations
- Attention to detail
- Strong time management skills with ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software knowledge: Excel & Google Sheets, Salesforce (a plus), Intacct (a plus), Avalara (a plus)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.