Pendo is looking for an exceptional Vice President of Finance (VP Finance) with a proven track record of leadership to join one of the fastest-growing software companies. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), The VP Finance will serve as a key member of our leadership team with responsibility over all aspects of the global finance department and operations. This is a high visibility role required to engage cross-functionally and maintain strong communications and relationships with other Pendo leadership. This role is expected to identify best practices across their areas of responsibility and deliver proactive insights, roadmaps, and solutions across the organization. We value strategic and analytical insight, at all levels of the organization, and will depend on your work to achieve the extraordinary.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do)
- Active participation in influencing company direction, growth, strategic planning, acquisition integration and financial forecasting as a member of the senior management team
- Develop and manage strong, collaborative relationships with business leadership across the organization to drive business outcomes in line with Pendo’s strategy and key priorities
- Oversight and leadership of annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the CFO; administration and review of all financial plans and budgets; monitoring of progress and changes to keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status
- Analyze and present financial statements in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement
- Directing all aspects of finance operations, looking to optimize and enhance the finance operations
- Develop and maintain a high performing finance organization by hiring, training, mentoring and retaining top talent
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors
- Update and implement all necessary business policies, accounting practices and financial controls
Qualifications (what you have)
- 10+ years of financial management experience.
- Experience working at a high-growth start up, preferably with a SaaS organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting; Masters in Accounting or MBA strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills
- A track record of close partnership with the senior leaders of an organization, influencing business decisions and strategy.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Known for developing high performing teams, fostering collaboration, and creating a learning culture to stay ahead of the growth curve.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.