Product Managers at Pendo build products for Product Managers. If you’re a data-driven Technical PM looking to join a company and a team that makes your day-to-day and that of other Product people more enjoyable and successful come join our team. We work every day to help customers create products users love.
As a core member of the team, you will be responsible for a variety of product ownership duties, including but not limited to: Breaking epics down into User Stories, defining acceptance criteria, working with design on UI/UX specification and marketing, backlog grooming and user story/bug prioritisation and participating in daily standups, sprint retros and objective reviews. You will synthesise feedback received from customers to weave into the product roadmap, addressing the needs of our customers with “maniacal” focus. You will partner with your engineering manager and scrum master to prepare the team for the sprints to come and to ensure the team remains unblocked on product and design-specific decisions.
You will be expected to work in partnership with all departments across Pendo and senior management, in addition to participating in regular discussions with customers to launch products and features that move the needle. Having a technical background could be valuable in this role as you would be able to empathise with engineering, but this is not required.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Contribute to product strategy and overall product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally between Product, Design, Engineering, QA and Product Operations teams to facilitate and own product development
- Work closely with senior product team members to understand the vision, input into strategic decisions and own the execution of initiatives
- Deeply understand our customer’s workflows and jobs-to-be-done to inform new opportunities to improve their experience
- Use agile principles to write user stories, plan and drive the software development of new features and improvements
- Manage and communicate dependencies with other teams
- Define clear outcomes that measure customer satisfaction and business impact with the ability to analyze them and utilize them in decision-making processes
- Constantly communicate with customers to develop deep relationships that
Qualifications (what you have):
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering or MBA, or equivalent in experience
- 2+ years of product management experience, with preferred experience building B2B SaaS solutions
- Ability to synthesise complex internal needs across the company while considering both customer value and future growth
- Experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions with the ability to query data from various systems to solve problems and experience in one or more data analysis tools
- Deep empathy in order to fully understand, rationalise and identify meaningful customer pain and opportunities
- Entrepreneurial instincts with a clear bias for informed action and track record of delivering high quality and effective solutions to real customer problems
- Exceptional communication skills to effectively portray the value and benefits of product developments
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open holiday policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.