Pendo Product Management is looking to augment our team with a front-line Product Manager to own the day-to-day operations with engineering for our new Freemium offering, “Pendo Free.” If you’re a product-minded, tech savvy Product person, this is an opportunity to join an exciting new team and make a huge impact at scale.
As a core member of the “Freeze” scrum team, you will be responsible for a variety of product ownership duties, including but not limited to: Breaking epics down into User Stories, defining Acceptance Criteria, working with design on UI/UX specification and marketing on voice-and-tone for in-app copy, backlog grooming and user story/bug prioritisation and participating in daily standups, sprint retros and objective reviews. You will synthesise feedback received from customers to weave into the product roadmap, addressing the needs of our customers with “maniacal” focus. You will partner with your engineering manager and scrum master to prepare the team for the sprints to come and to ensure the team remains unblocked on product and design-specific decisions.
You will be expected to work in partnership with all departments across Pendo and senior management, in addition to participating in regular discussions with customers to launch products and features that move the needle. Having a technical background could be valuable in this role as you would be able to empathise with engineering, but this is not required. Previous product owner or product management experience is not required, but a willingness to learn and grow most definitely is! Demonstrating knowledge of the scrum/agile process, either with direct or indirect experience, is a bug plus!
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Own the backlog for our Freemium product: focused on prioritization and definition.
- Take Epic-level product objectives and break down into User Stories.
- Craft clear User Stories with detailed Acceptance Criteria and prioritise appropriately.
- Prioritise User Stories against Bugs and Tech Debt related issues.
- Work with design to specify UX/UI definitions.
- Work with marketing/documentation to ensure in-app copy is consistent with the Pendo voice-and-tone.
- Work with your scrum team and management to define quarterly objectives for Freemium.
- Track success metrics for Freemium to inform product and roadmap decisions.
- Track our competitors’ Freemium efforts and demonstrate evolving knowledge of our competitive landscape.
Qualifications (what you have):
- Bachelor’s in Engineering or related field (Not Required)
- A track record of taking an idea of something you wanted to create and making it a reality. Product owners / product managers are Builders at heart.
- 2+ years experience using Agile/Scrum/Sprint methodology including sprint planning and execution, as well as a strong understanding of software development management methods
- You should be familiar with Freemium and Free Trial products with an opinion on what makes them great (or terrible) experiences. Understand the “Freemium” space.
- Strong analytical skills to make data-driven decisions with ability to query data from various systems to solve problems and experience in one or more data analysis tools
- Entrepreneurial instincts with clear bias for informed action
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open holiday policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.