Pendo's mission is to enable others to create software their users will love. We need forward thinking, constantly curious, and engaged engineers to fulfil this mission. We strive to create an environment filled with challenges and supported by mentorship. As a software engineer at Pendo, you will have the opportunity to join one of our development teams building features that ship regularly to Pendo's ever-growing customer base. Whether you prefer to solve problems on the front end or back end of our code, your skills will be utilised, challenged, and developed on a daily basis. We don't put ceilings on growth here at Pendo; we encourage our engineers to take risks, think outside the box, and innovate - billions of software experiences depend on it!
This role is in our Sheffield, UK office. We are looking for someone to come and help us build great SaaS software in a fast-paced, fun, startup environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- As an Associate Software Engineer at Pendo, you’ll grow your skills as part of a strong team, continuously learning, designing and building scalable, flexible software.
- You’ll have a real impact within your team and you’ll help improve your team’s output with code review and day-to-day engineering discussions - helping your team to overcome challenges.
- You’ll help your team with the planning and estimating of tickets.
- You’ll find opportunities to improve our processes and systems.
- You’ll communicate effectively over chat and video with our teams in Sheffield, and with our colleagues in Pendo’s other engineering locations in the USA and Israel.
- You’ll be constantly developing the skills and knowledge that are most needed on your team.
Qualifications (what you have):
- A passion for building web applications, full stack technologies, and testing your work for the highest quality results.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of at least one programming language and lots of interest in learning new languages.
- A qualification in computer science or software engineering, and/or industrial software development experience.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases would be a bonus.
- Experience developing in a Unix/Linux environment is a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills and desire to grow and thrive in a high-growth startup environment.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Private Medical and Dental Benefits
- Generous Pension plan
- Bonus scheme
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.