With powerful analytics, in-application user feedback, and contextual guidance designed to help companies measure and elevate the customer experience within their applications, Pendo is on a mission to improve society's experience with software by processing billions of events daily in order to provide key product insights to our customers, allowing them to deliver user experiences people love.
The VP, Engineering will be an outstanding engineering leader who has a passion for product experience and who can recruit and lead a global engineering team. Day-to-day, this role will be focused on building and mentoring teams, developing processes, planning features, measuring velocity and shipping quality product.
Essential to the success of this person is an entrepreneurial spirit and expertise in delivering enterprise grade products.
- Generate a plan for future headcount growth as the company scales rapidly.
- Build a cohesive engineering team to deliver value in a short horizon.
- Lead and build the engineering organization that can stay ahead of customer needs.
- Establish metrics and criteria around success and achievement of the engineering organization.
- Recruit, lead, coach and mentor a highly skilled engineering organization from 50 engineers today (based in Raleigh, Israel and the UK) to 100+.
- Implement a process and structure around recruitment.
- Establish an appropriate organizational structure that can scale as the company and team expands 2x or 3x year over year.
- Lead the efforts to bring highly scalable, commercially viable product to large enterprise customers.
- Be an advocate for the engineering organization and foster the culture of being the best engineering organization to be a part of.
- Foster individual growth in engineer’s careers technically and professionally; develop and implement a promotion path for engineers.
- Be a key contributor to the growth of every person in the organization by leading, inspiring and motivating engineers.
- Build and maintain a culture of innovation, respect for ideas, compassion and willingness to help others toward the goal of the success of the company.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Track record of leadership in hiring and building successful engineering teams excited to build high performance teams.
- Demonstrated ability to attract top talent and build high performing teams. Has successfully built and scaled engineering organizations of 100+.
- Experience with acquisitions and a track record of successfully integrating teams, is preferred.
- Experience in a high growth, modern cloud company is required; cross platform [Web, iOS, Android] experience is preferred.
- Track record of professional development and mentorship that provides a vibrant growth path for team members.
- Keen eye for what makes a great product that users love and need.
- Experience working across an entire organization at all levels, building relationships to understand and support all aspects of the business.
- A strategic thinker and a tactical problem-solver, who is ready to get in the weeds when necessary.
- The ideal candidate has experience in an environment with compliance needs [SOC2, HIPPA, ISO29001].
Pendo helps companies drive software adoption, leading to happier customers and more productive employees. Pendo customers include the world’s leading software companies and digital enterprises, including Verizon, LabCorp, BMC, Coupa, Okta, Salesforce, and Zendesk. Founded by product people in 2013 in the heart of Raleigh, North Carolina, Pendo is backed by Battery Ventures, Spark Capital, Meritech Capital and Sapphire Ventures.
Through its editorial site and community ProductCraft, sponsored events and podcast, Pendo aims to support the success of product people everywhere. For more information, visit: www.pendo.io
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your family
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams, in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo, is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.