Pendo's mission is to enable others to create software their users will love. We need forward thinking, constantly curious, and engaged engineers to fulfill this mission. As such, we strive to create an environment filled with challenges and supported by mentorship. As an associate software engineer at Pendo, you will have the opportunity to join one of our development teams building features that ship regularly to Pendo's ever-growing customer base. Whether you prefer to solve problems on the front end or back end of our code, your skills will be utilized, challenged, and developed on a daily basis. We don't put ceilings on growth here at Pendo; we encourage our engineers to take risks, think outside the box, and innovate- billions of software experiences depend on it!
This position will have a start date in May/June 2021.
Back-End Responsibilities- (what you’ll do):
- You will be working on our platform for collecting, analyzing, and displaying all of product usage information we have learned.
- We have built everything in Go on Google's App Engine platform, and we need engineers who can make sure our technology scales. We're handling billions of events everyday and that number just keeps going up. You'll work with App Engine, Google's Datastore, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, and whatever other interesting platforms Google opens up.
- We are looking for developers who find collecting, organizing, aggregating, and analyzing lots of data, in near real time, with ever-changing queries an exciting challenge. We are passionate about rapid development, continuous testing, and constant improvement.
Front-End Responsibilities- (what you’ll do):
- We capture billions of data points for our customers, and then need to present them in beautiful ways. This too can be your mission, should you choose to accept. Use technologies such as AngularJS, VueJS, D3 and Highcharts to make beautiful displays out of very large data sets.
- We are looking for someone who is excited about projects like the ones described above, who keeps tabs on browser trends and quirks, and who is passionate about finding interesting and innovative ways to build and test front-end code.
Qualifications (what you have):
- A love for building web applications, full stack technologies, and testing your work for the highest quality.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of at least one language and lots of interest in learning new languages.
- Previous industry internship experience, preferably at a technology company.
- Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Experience working with databases, relational or NoSQL.
- Excellent communication ability and desire to thrive in a high-growth startup environment.
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Generous health, vision, and dental benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
*Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to provide work visa sponsorship for our associate openings. US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.