Pendo is looking for a full-time Senior Product Designer to work in our headquarters in Raleigh, NC. This person must be passionate about user interface design and care deeply about creating delightful experiences for our customers.
As a Senior Product Designer you will be involved in all aspects of the design process: talking with customers, building wireframes, creating high res workflows and collaborating closely with engineering to build pixel-perfect designs in an agile environment.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Designing product features and workflows for our Guidance platform
- Clearly articulating concepts and design decisions to Product Managers and Engineers
- Prototyping and iterating based on customer feedback
- Promoting usability best practices
- Contributing to the Pendo design system and maintaining consistent visual and interaction patterns
Qualifications (what you have):
- Empathetic and humble
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment with a team of designers
- Comfortable with all aspects of product design: user research, prototyping, interaction design and visual design
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to ship real product
- Design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that are grounded in customer insights, business goals and technology - across web and mobile.
- Design system experience
- Data-driven—use data to inform design decisions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Nice to haves:
- Data visualization interest and/or experience
- Ability to code html/css
- Experience working with geo-located teams
- Ability to write or give feedback on UI copy
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for the HDHP (High Deductible) Medical plan for all employees and their families
- Pendo covers 100% of monthly premium for dental and vision coverage for all employees and their families
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.