We are looking for a Director of Customer Success, West to manage a team of high-performing Success Managers in our San Francisco office that service some of the fastest-growing, innovative, and high-profile software companies in the world.
You will be tasked with ensuring that our customer stakeholders accomplish their goals and effectively recognize and communicate the value Pendo brings to their organization. You will work to execute a proactive customer engagement strategy, drive ongoing adoption initiatives, develop enterprise level QBRs and Success Plans, expand client relationships and ultimately guide customers through a successful renewal.
This role will require a consultative and holistic approach to the customer lifecycle, a scalable approach to success, and the ability to communicate effectively with VP and C-Level product executives at global companies.
Our ideal candidate is a strong leader who has a proven track record of success managing a sophisticated client base, fostering a positive and high-performing culture, while building an exceptional team.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Act as a proactive leader, owning the customer journey, including initial onboarding, product adoption, retention, expansion, and growth.
- You will be a consistent leadership presence in the San Francisco office guiding a growing sophisticated team of CSMs
- Stay abreast of Customer Success industry trends; evaluating and implementing cutting edge success tactics
- Hire, manage, coach, and develop a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers
- Interpret data quickly to set individual and team goals, measure success and run your business
- Ensure that customers derive maximum, ongoing, value from their investment with Pendo
- Constantly measure, refine, and invent new methods that create an amazing experience for our customers
- Possess and continually evolve a deep understanding of how we create value for our customers
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Serve as customer advocate while effectively collaborating with internal, cross-functional teams including product management, sales, marketing, and engineering
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have a minimum of 7+ years experience in customer success, account or technical account management at a SaaS company
- You have built a high-performing team at early/mid-stage SaaS company
- You are a strong leader with a coach mentality
- You have experience with and are exceptional at, negotiating seven-figure agreements and legal terms
- You have years of experience managing complex renewal and expansion forecasts for large teams
- You enjoy traveling to see customers and developing relationships with them
- You can show a proven track record of innovation and creativity in solving company and team challenges
- You exemplify strong technical competence and passion for B2B SaaS
- You are detail-oriented with the ability to set priorities for yourself and your team
- You have product management, product influence or cross-functional product experience (preferred)
- You possess exceptional cross-organization collaboration and communication skills
- You are an entrepreneur at heart and will thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, startup environment
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.