Pendo is seeking a Sr. Application Security Engineer to join our growing team in Raleigh, North Carolina. Reporting to our Chief Information Security Officer, you will be fulfilling a mission-critical role ensuring that our systems are designed, implemented, and managed using industry best practices for protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Pendo internal and customer data. You will work closely with our engineering, production operations, and corporate IT teams to accomplish these goals. The ideal candidate is a passionate, highly skilled cyber security expert who has a customer-focused mindset and is capable of quickly learning new technologies and creatively solving problems.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Plan, implement, and maintain security controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and information systems
- Design, deploy, and managed security technologies such as application- and network-focused vulnerability scanners, endpoint protection, network- and host-based IPS/IDS, firewalls, SIEM, and data loss prevention
- Monitor performance metrics, review logs, and conduct periodic audits to verify the effectiveness of security controls
- Understand and ensure proper configuration of security settings for cloud-based environments (including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS)
- Investigate potential security incidents and, as necessary, manage incident response and forensic investigation processes
- Perform internal and external risk assessments
- Define, implement and maintain Pendo information security policies
- Periodically conduct security awareness training sessions for Pendo staff
- As necessary, coordinate plans and operational tasks with outside vendors and auditors
Qualifications (what you have):
- Strong experience in cloud and application security domains, with a deep understanding of cloud-based and distributed computing architecture and technologies
- Hands-on experience with scripting and coding to automate systems and security administration tasks (e.g. using a language such as Python)
- Experience in establishing secure software development guidelines and in performing security code and design reviews
- Experience in documenting security design and architecture artifacts and presenting artifacts for architectural review
- Ability to self-manage assigned project tasks
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong testing and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to integrate knowledge from multiple technical domains to identify, diagnose, and correct complex problems
- A growth mindset and love of learning new technologies
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- One or more industry-recognized security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, OSCP, CEH, or CSSK, is preferred
- A working knowledge of one or more programming languages (e.g. C, Go, Python, Java)
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.