Pendo is looking for a Salesforce Developer.
The Salesforce Developer supports and develops applications for client tracking and reporting to maximize efficiency and capitalize on the full features and benefits of the system based on user needs. We are seeking someone with excellent technical skills who can capture requirements in order to efficiently administer and enhance the system. The right candidate may also perform basic updates, such as add/delete users, maintaining custom fields and workflows and security of the system.
Responsibilities (what you’ll do):
- Configure proper security access, permissions, roles and profiles for Salesforce users
- Re-engineer existing processes and build new processes to support our growing company
- Implement/ integrate/ help manage third party applications as necessary
- Build changes in a Sandbox environment and establish/ follow protocols for testing and eventual deployment to production environment
- Log and track identified system problems through resolution
- Manage system changes without interruption to the users
- Ensure screens, fields and workflow have accurate names and reflect current workflow
- Keep abreast of new Salesforce features and functionality and provide recommendations for process improvements
- Daily administration and support of Pendo’s Salesforce database including but not limited to creating/ managing customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, validations, workflow and approval rules, sharing rules, permission sets and triggers
- Coordinate field changes with Analysts for reporting in Looker
- Assist in future migration to Lightning UI
- Monitor and manage exception logs for back end system integration with SFDC
- Be the company SME on Salesforce.com
- Provide application users with technical support
- Assist with SFDC report and dashboard creation as needed
Qualifications (what you have):
- You have 3 to 5 years of technical Salesforce administration experience
- In-depth knowledge of the standard capabilities of SFDC and have successfully expanded on those capabilities through the use of custom code (Visualforce, Apex, s-controls) and/or SOAP, REST APIs and other integrations with external systems
- Previous re-engineering experience updating an existing Salesforce.com configuration to provide solutions for workflows and enhanced functions
- Experience working with a SaaS/ subscription based sales model preferred
- Salesforce.com Developer certification preferred
- Salesforce.com Administrator certification is required
- Experience with migration to Lightning UI useful
- Marketo, Gainsight, Zendesk experience helpful
- Close attention to detail
- A self-starter that is comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively as part of a team, on multiple projects
- College degree or equivalent work/technical experience
- Strong problem solving skills, data and software applications
- A high level of energy, a good sense of humor
Pink, Perks, and Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads and hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand and attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital and Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse and exciting set of technologies and clients and have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, and fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental and vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches and fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies and balanced snacks
- Frequent company and team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.