ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A phenomenal developer platform accelerates software development and unlocks learning opportunities. A key to crafting a phenomenal platform is data-driven insights and understanding where we should focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members. Design research is also essential in creating the best developer experience for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of teams and technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Develop a deep understanding of our user-facing applications, their delivery, observability, and their architectures while being a part of a multi-functional agile team
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, product managers, and designers, focusing on delivering value to our members, while building our in-house developer portal
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Strong software testing principles. You should have experience writing unit, integration and end-to-end tests and a strong sense of ownership.
- Experience with CSS fundamentals. You don’t need to be on the bleeding edge but you should understand the mental models
- Experience with frontend build pipelines, including tools such as webpack and babel
- Familiarity with designing backend REST apis
- Familiarity with building and operating production software in the cloud at scale using AWS, GCP, Azure, etc
- Exposure to CI/CD automation such as Github Actions or Jenkins
- Experience designing fault tolerant and scalable systems (comfortable w/ distributed systems, networking, DNS, CDNs, etc)
- Excellent troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience working in containerized environments such as Docker and Kubernetes
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton values the side-by-side collaboration that comes with working together in an office. Our Hybrid Working Policy requires team members in US office-based roles to be in the office every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.