ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton to move faster and scale safely with minimal effort. Core to this mission is creation of the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning. We get to apply these to create a platform of products loved by millions of members all over the world. Peloton is looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer with a focus on Kubernetes operations to work with teams across the organization to help build and maintain a monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable deployment platform.
We are a growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems scaling Kubernetes to handle thousands of nodes and pods spread across many deployments to support millions of engaged Peloton members.
Software and systems engineers with interest and/or experience in system automation and Kubernetes are encouraged to apply for this position.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly scalable and reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks
- Conduct retrospectives of infrastructure incidents
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate for modern solutions.
- Automatic, fast auto scaling for live rides and special large events
- Host a critical infrastructure that ensures that our members have the best experience possible on tens of thousands of pods across multiple clusters
- Work with Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Golang, ArgoCD, Python, Github Actions, Kong, Istio & CloudFlare
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hyper-growth
- Mentor engineers on standard methodologies and work across teams to help build longer-term roadmaps and build our technical vision.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience maintaining scalable and stable Kubernetes clusters
- Deep experience building products and tools with programming languages like Python, Golang, Kotlin, Ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of best practices when it comes to the observability and monitoring required to run Kubernetes at scale
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: ArgoCD, Harness, Tekton, etc.
- Experience deploying infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform, Cloudformation/CDK, or Pulumi
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other developers
- Deep experience with Linux system administration
- Experience writing operators to automate tasks within Kubernetes clusters
- Previous experience working in a multi-region environment, with clusters deployed globally
- Contributions to opensource projects within the ecosystem
- Good at nautical-related puns
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton values the side-by-side collaboration that comes with working together in an office. Our Hybrid Working Policy requires team members in US office-based roles to be in the office every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.