ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton Interactive is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Developer Experience, Developer Infrastructure team. Your team is responsible for designing and maintaining the next generation of SCM, CI/CD, and Developer Automation tooling at Peloton. Your work will help a rapidly-growing engineering community effortlessly find and rapidly onboard to the key toolkits necessary for their day to day with a goal of removing toil, increasing developer velocity, and solving for gaps that exist in standard tool offerings.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry. As an Site Reliability Engineer on the Developer Experience team you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining the infrastructure and tooling that impacts every engineer in Peloton to quickly and reliably deliver products. You will improve and automate our self-service infrastructure tools to enable engineers to rapidly build and ship code and infrastructure. You will engage with peers and internal customers to understand how to speed and optimize CI/CD across the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. You will work with the latest open source technology, making contributions of your own to open source projects, and help us build a team the engineering community at Peloton sees as their champions in this space.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Grow your skills in both Peloton’s broadly adopted development languages (Kotlin, Python), as well as languages optimized for the tools at hand.
- Collaborate with peloton’s greater engineering org as well as your own team to treat your Platforms as Products.
- Architect, develop, test, release, and support CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Gradle, Gerrit, Artifactory, etc.
- Adhere to best practices in architectural design, testing (unit, integration, visual, and regression), and scrum methodology.
- Evaluate developer platform designs, technical decisions, and code to ensure all are high quality, efficient, and well documented.
- Participate in the complete product development lifecycle of Peloton’s CI/CD Platforms
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- You love to solve challenging engineering problems
- You are knowledgeable and opinionated (but colaborable) about the software development lifecycle.
- You have expert knowledge of SCM and CI/CD tools such as: GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, CircleCI, Gerrit, Gradle, and Artifactory
- You are proficient in Kotlin, Python, Java, or Golang
- You advocate for improving developer experiences and practices and lead engineering efforts in support
- You have a growth mindset and will evolve along with the tooling landscape
- You are experienced with the software development life cycle and familiar with best practices in developing, reviewing and managing code
- You work well in a team setting, and collaborate well with others
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors..
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Peloton values the side-by-side collaboration that comes with working together in an office. Our Hybrid Working Policy requires team members in US office-based roles to be in the office every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.