ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a User Researcher to support the innovation, iteration, and optimization of our digital Apps. This User Researcher will work directly with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and Engineers to better understand how users are interacting with Peloton products through user research and testing and to inform and evaluate new features and experiences developed by product teams.
This role will work on the Product Strategy User Research team and will report to a Senior Manager, User Research.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Collaborate directly with Researchers, Product Designers, Content Designers, Product Managers, Data Analysts and Engineers to define and align on research objectives and methodologies.
- Build and execute research plans, choosing efficient methodologies (qualitative and/or quantitative) to answer Product and UX research questions that produce new actionable insights.
- Work closely with Research Coordinators to define recruitment strategy, handle logistics and scheduling, and incentivize participants.
- Regularly conduct discovery (user interviews, diary studies, surveys), tactical (e.g. iterative usability studies), and evaluative research (e.g., usability studies, concept evaluations, benchmarking, heuristic evaluations) on Peloton products, to identify pain points and ensure that the current experience is constantly improving.
- Define, design and implement moderated and unmoderated usability studies on flat designs, prototypes, beta, and finished digital experiences.
- Compile and present learnings to the relevant stakeholders in a clear and actionable way they can use to design product improvements.
- Help to formulate research documentation to better understand Peloton-specific user behavior.
- Document and track learnings gathered through testing and research so insights can easily be referenced and applied for future projects.
WHAT YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Master of basic usability testing, familiar and/or experienced with several other primary research methods
- 3+ years of User Research and Testing experience
- Analyze and synthesize research and testing data, and report it in a concise and actionable way
- Develop processes to organize work across multiple people and teams
- Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Versed in remote and in-person user research methodologies
- Communicate and utilize storytelling effectively
- Eager to learn
- Thrive on managing multiple priorities and executing projects
- Open to learning new methodologies and tools
- Work collaboratively in a team environment
- Demonstrate initiative by acting as a self starter; operate autonomously and also accepts support and guidance that is offered while proactively seeking it when needed
- Operate with attention to detail
- Preferred Qualification: Degree in Human/Computer Interaction or Psychology, or equivalent experience
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.