ABOUT THE ROLE
The Test & Reliability Engineer will be working with the Peloton Hardware Design and Operations teams to lead our new product qualification testing and on-going reliability testing in a fast-growing global fitness business.
You will lead projects, troubleshoot, innovate, and make decisions to help Peloton ensure quality and safety as we continue to innovate our product offerings. You are an individual who is independent, highly motivated, super organized, hyper-flexible and enjoys working in a collaborative team environment to improve product quality.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Build and maintain test plans for new product development and sustaining engineering activities
- Perform product validation and verification with off-the-shelf testing equipment as well as custom built machinery
- Design, build, and automate custom test rigs/fixtures to interact with various pieces of exercise equipment
- Write test reports
- Lead the coordination on global test resource allocation to fulfill validation project timeline
- Correspond with NY based team with test reports and status updates
- Will require morning/evening calls
- Provide technical support to technicians for various testing activities
- Use six sigma tools for root cause/failure analysis
- Work multi-functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues
- Supervise and implement test processes and data flow
- Ensure safety protocols are followed
- Maintain lab equipment and inventory as well as lab operation
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience in drivetrain industry preferred
- Education and/or equivalent work experience in Mechanical Engineering - M.S. preferred
- Excellent communication skills (Taiwanese Hokkien a plus)
- National Instruments LabVIEW certification preferred (CLAD, CLD, CLA)
- Six sigma certification preferred
- 3D Modeling (Solidworks)
- Statistical Analysis (Python, R, Minitab)
- Automation Skills (LabVIEW / Actuator control / sensor application )
- PLC programming experience is a plus
- Ability to read/create mechanical drawings / electrical schematics
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.