ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Manager, Corporate Accounting to join our growing Accounting team! You will play a key role in the Accounting and Finance department during a dynamic period of high growth and transformation. This position will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and supervise the teams responsible for the accounting of real estate, capital projects, IT and software, debt, and cash as well as all corporate functions. The candidate will be responsible for designing and carrying out scalable policies, processes, and systems that address risk management and efficient transaction processing while ensuring accounting is in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
In this role, you will be responsible for taking ownership of various work streams within the controllership organization, with a focus on operating expenses and balance sheet accounts, and contributing to the development and implementation of standard methodologies within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting will possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills as they work across the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes, and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of Peloton’s multifaceted business. You are a demonstrated leader who excels in managing people and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high-energy, high-growth organization.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Manage the month-end financial statement close process by detail reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and analytics.
- Keeping team priorities on track and assisting the team and various departments throughout the organization with acquiring relevant information.
- Partner closely with various corporate functions, ensuring that business needs are met while ensuring completeness and accuracy of accounting in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies/anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on automation, standardization, and optimization, especially focusing on the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with FP&A team and business department owners to improve monitoring and tracking of operating expenses for corporate departments, advise on accounting policies, calculate and record appropriate accruals each month, and understand the key drivers and variances to budget/forecast.
- Continually develop, expand, and improve month-end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit and quarterly audit procedures, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Senior Director of Corporate Accounting with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 8+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of Big 4 public accounting and SEC-registered company experience preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a people management role required.
- Responsible for the application of ASC842 lease accounting standard for Peloton's operating leases.
- Experience in capitalized software development costs preferred.
- A strong understanding and application of U.S. GAAP.
- Education and/or comparable professional experience in Accounting or related field.
- Active CPA license in good standing preferred.
- Experience managing and developing the careers of direct reports.
- A highly organized, meticulous self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage and engage with different levels of team members and external parties through outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills - must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth organization.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems.
- Performs well under pressure and can effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.