We’re looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to help us create the next generation of gamified fitness experiences.
We recently launched our first gaming-inspired cycling experience, Peloton Lanebreak, to the delight of our members and critics alike. With the experience and insights we’ve gained, we’re looking to level-up our team as we continuously improve Lanebreak and develop innovative new ways to help members achieve their fitness goals.
As the Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for program delivery and team health for our Gaming teams. You will support our cross-functional teams by defining program plans, high-level goals and roadmaps, monitoring and communicating progress.
You will also act as the team’s guardian to continue creating a culture of reflection and improvement. This is at the heart of your agile program management style and understand its importance in building an effective, close knit and purposeful team culture.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Be the glue that helps the team get things done including applying agile best practices, develop and manage end-to-end program plans, provide day-to-day coordination, and stakeholder management
- Interface with cross-functional stakeholders to gather requirements, and work with development teams to define, evaluate, and prioritize program scope and implementation plans
- Facilitate activities across day to day activities for the team - this includes activities like stand-ups, backlog refinement, sizing and retrospectives
- Facilitate definition of product roadmaps with the teams that you are working with
- Regular reporting on program status, identifying dependencies and developing risk mitigation strategies
- Drive internal improvements and define delivery metrics to track team health
- Manage vendor augmentation contractors that support our team’s goals
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years technical program management in the product space (bonus if in gaming)
- Experience in Agile frameworks, including managing execution, backlogs, facilitating meaningful retros
- Ability to build out and manage end to end project plans including release planning across stakeholders
- Appreciation for building a warm and supportive team culture - understanding the emotional and business dynamics that impact the team health and how to handle them
- Understand how to best leverage tools that promote collaboration as part of software delivery including JIRA, Asana and whiteboard tools like Miro/Mural
- Knowing how to tailor your written and verbal communication based on audience
- An experimental attitude - knowing how and when to encourage team to to take risks in how they work together to improve
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with Technical Leads and Product Managers.
- Excitement to collaborate with the team face to face 1-2 times a week at the NYC HQ office
- You are certified in agile practices (Scrum, Kanban, SaFE) but understand how to tailor approaches based on team maturity
- You have experience in Gaming and understand nuances in ways of working for these teams
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.