- Lead engineers and scientists by conducting technical investigation and accurately identifying root causes.
- Own investigating and documenting parts and assemblies from test, the field, production, and the facility and write formal failure analysis reports.
- Correspond with the US based FA team lead with project status updates and work cross functionally with other departments and prioritize work queues
- Operates various pieces of laboratory equipment to generate data, perform materials characterization testing, or preparation of test samples
- Issues clear technical reports and findings for specific investigations as well as informing the broader business of failure modes and future best practice by means of technical reporting and presentation materials
- Work cross functional as a subject matter expert with design, test, and supplier quality teams
- Assist in day-to-day organization of the lab, including ordering consumables, maintenance of chemical inventory, sample organization and tracking, etc.
- When required provides expertise on future test methods
- 5-10+ years of engineering experience, or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
- B.S. in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent required
- Fluent English / Chinese communication skill
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, manage workload and expectations
- Experience working in a failure analysis lab
- Understanding of stress and fracture analysis
- Experience with troubleshooting electronics
- Experience with analysis of bearings, splined shafts, and electric motors
- Experience in thermal (DSC, TGA, DMA, FTIR) and elemental analysis equipment (SPARK-OES, SEM-EDS)
- Experience operating hardness machines and digital microscopes
- Experience with cross section preparation, polishing, and metallographic etching
- Ability to write failure analysis reports
- Ability to read and analyze mechanical and electrical prints
- Communication at all levels
- Proven business acumen combined with technical execution
- Customer service mindset
- Self-motivated and independent workstyle
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.