ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is searching for a Senior Director of Organizational Effectiveness to design, implement, support and grow our foundational talent processes, programs, tools and systems.
We want to be the best place to work for the world’s top talent. For that reason, our talent objective is two-fold: to create world-class and innovative talent programs, and to provide ample, consistent, and enticing pathways for the growth and development of our people.
The Senior Director of Organizational Effectiveness will play a crucial role in this objective. As a member of the Global People Experience, Enablement & Development (PXED) team, the Senior Director will be responsible for leading the evolution of our foundational talent programs and the design of future talent solutions. The core work involves designing, building, implementing, measuring and scaling our nascent talent management programs including the annual performance cycle, succession planning, organizational design, talent calibration, and operationalizing our leveling framework through well articulated career pathways. The Senior Director will innovate and fill gaps where identified. This role will regularly measure and report on the efficacy of our programs as they grow, ensuring that the programs continuously iterate and improve. This role will report to the SVP of People Experience, Enablement & Development, and will partner closely with People Business Partners, COE Partners (Global L&D, Total Rewards, People Systems, etc.) and global business leaders across all functions, including a global corporate population and substantial population of distributed, hourly team members.
The ideal candidate will bring a comprehensive view to talent management that is born from experience in a variety of fields within the People function. Ideally, the candidate will have experience building and maintaining talent programs in an evolving environment. This individual is dynamic, comfortable with ambiguity and change, and energized by the opportunity to build and scale. They will have the capacity to hone a vision for the talent program as well as the ability to build and implement talent management solutions with a human-centered design approach. This individual will operate with a bias for action and a focus on driving continuous improvement through rigorous evaluation.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- You’ll build, implement, manage and scale innovative global talent management processes where in some cases no programmatic offering previously existed or where programs are in the foundational stage – e.g., performance management cycle and components, leveling frameworks and related career pathways, promotion process, calibration/talent reviews, talent assessment, succession planning, and career development.
- You’ll take the initiative to develop and manage timelines, driving our projects forward and shift/reprioritize as vital. You’ll develop materials that are engaging, inspiring, inclusive and global, and you’ll partner with internal creative teams to ensure that communications, presentations, participant materials and digital solutions have a “Peloton” feel.
- You’ll generate metrics to evaluate effectiveness, ROI and inclusivity of programs, and identify insights that will drive continuous improvement.
- You’ll collaborate with global People Business Partners, business leaders, and other People Centers of Excellence to measure impact, and start to assess and predict needs as we develop a talent cycle.
- You’ll serve as a resource for team members and leaders, providing just in time education and perspective on our programs and processes.
- You’ll work with People Analytics to ensure cleanliness and integrity of our talent data, and will produce and present People data insights that enable us to make great decisions about our talent.
- You’ll learn and become the expert in talent components of our HRIS technology, managing data integration and ensuring we are pushing the limits of what the tech will offer as we implement new modules to systematize our talent programs.
- You’ll be curious and keep an eye on the external market & benchmarks, partnering with our COEs to bring new solutions to the table.
- You’ll build and manage tools, you’ll evolve tools and solutions from manual to fully automated ensuring we drive toward efficiency and scale.
- You’ll perform data analysis using sophisticated excel skills and other applications to see our impact on the organization.
- You’ll be a collaborative member of the Talent Management and Business Partner teams, a trust-worthy supporter of the business, and a model for our People team members.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of related HR experience in talent management (*this is not a learning & development role, but instead a strategic talent solutions role)
- Experience building and rolling out talent management solutions in a fast paced or high growth environment, preferably in tech or similar environment
- Experience managing programs at large regional or global scale
- Experience operating within an HRIS and incorporating new functionality where none existed
- Experience working in an organization with a significant hourly workforce
- High level of discretion – ability to deal with highly confidential information appropriately
- Exceptional communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and problem solving skills; ability to effectively address tricky situations and have difficult conversations
- Ability to influence others
- Strong collaborator focus
- Ability to lead a team and hold high performance standards and quality outputs
- Ability to manage projects, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and time deliverables
- Aptitude for and interest in running/evaluating large sets of data and using data to generate insights
- Strong orientation toward collaboration and teaming
- Willingness to participate in calls across time zones as needed and travel as needed
- Self starter with strong organization skills/detail orientation, ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, mission driven environment
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.