About the Role
The cloud teams at Peloton help power experiences across our Product portfolio, including our Bike, Tread, and Strength lines, as well as our Digital applications. We enable our members to discover and take live and on-demand classes across any number of fitness disciplines, send each other high-fives, compete on the leaderboard, take part in challenges, discover new music, and much more.
We’re looking for strong, passionate software engineers to join us in our quest to improve these experiences and build entirely new ones, while scaling our architecture to support many more millions of members.
At Peloton, intelligent and motivated engineers can have a tremendous impact on what we create and how we create it. Help us build the future of fitness!
Your Daily Impact at Peloton
- Build and improve features related to Peloton’s core workout experience, as well as motivational features, like achievements and challenges.
- Help us scale to support many more millions of Peloton members. Use monitoring, profiling, tracing, and load testing tools to investigate bottlenecks. Eliminate those bottlenecks by rethinking data models, systems, queries, and caches.
- Help us iterate on our budding microservice ecosystem. Design and implement new services. Propose, experiment, and build solutions to scale our software to support hundreds of thousands of concurrent users.
You Bring to Peloton
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of software development experience in a professional setting.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language.
- Proficiency with at least one relational database, e.g. PostGres, MySQL, CockroachDB, etc.
- Strong understanding of software engineering principles and fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, clean code, and automated testing.
- Demonstrated understanding of backend API development, including HTTP and REST. - Self-directed, detail-oriented, and motivated.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.