ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a Program Management and Software Operations leader who will be responsible for setting the structure and execution of Peloton’s software programs. The team is responsible for program management of Peloton’s Cardio Software, Digital Software, Strength Software, Ecommerce Software and Platform Software.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Software Engineering, this leader will help drive the execution of software programs that will help fuel Peloton’s growth and market expansion. The Vice President will serve as a transformational operational and people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on operational excellence, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations, and building and leading a world-class technical program management team.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON:
- Hire and develop and retain the best: You will manage, mentor and grow the TPM team. You will build out the team, develop leaders and coach software development lifecycle best practices. You'll need to excel at hiring, developing, and retaining your TPM talent. You will be both an operational leader and a people manager.
- Drive Process Evolution: you will help evolve Peloton’s Software Development Processes to support the scale of our members and the team. You will also continue to drive improvement and accuracy within the program management toolset.
- Drive Scale: you will lead the technical program management team, which is focused on driving scalability, stability, and reliability. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves and their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion engineering and operational excellence, and establish metric based dashboards and processes to reduce tech debt.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to easily switch between weighing in on complex engineering processes, taking a long term view of the business, growing and developing the next generation of leadership, and overall operating as a large-scale organization leader. It requires an ability to prioritize work for the direct team and partner teams, an ability to establish goals, and an ability to focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Peloton Engineering, Design, Product Management, Hardware, Finance, Supply Chain, and Human Resource teams to produce and support solutions for a variety of Peloton's business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the Engineering, Product Management and Product Design teams to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Influence the organization: you will partner closely with other VP’s and senior leadership throughout the organization to drive changes needed to achieve efficiency and effectiveness gains.
- Think big: Internally, this role will encourage the organization to think differently and innovate. You will provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to develop Peloton's Software as best in class.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience.
- 15+ years of experience in software development including 10+ years of hands-on Program Management in the consumer software industry.
- You have led a program management team for a business that has achieved significant scale over a short period of time. The ideal candidate will have the proven ability to build and operate software systems and services at scale.
- Deliver Results: You must have a strong track-record of delivering products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable presenting to large groups and executive teams.
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- Data driven - you lean on data to make decisions and when you don't have data, you search for customer anecdotes to gain insights
- You are a builder- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.