ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an experienced and motivated Director, Global Consolidations and Reporting to join our Accounting and Finance team at Peloton! This person will be a key member of the Corporate Accounting team and a critical link between the Corporate Accounting and Tax teams, as well as partnering with the FP&A and other cross functional leaders to support the development and maintenance of reporting hierarchies for management and external reporting. The candidate will be responsible for designing and carrying out scalable intercompany transaction policies, processes, and systems that address foreign currency and intercompany accounting in accordance with US GAAP as well as various tax requirements.
The Director, Global Consolidations and Reporting will possess excellent communication and relationship-building skills as they work across the organization. This position will report to the SVP and Chief Accounting Officer at Peloton. The Director will work on multiple projects at once and be responsible for developing and maintaining effective communication with multiple business partners.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Supervise and add consistent, valuable thought leadership regarding the accounting of all intercompany transactions, as well as the design, implementation, and execution of scalable and effective systems and processes
- Work cross functionally with the CAO and other Finance leaders to ensure that the appropriate infrastructure and resources are in place to support a nimble and well-controlled financial reporting organization
- Help establish a scalable and well controlled metadata governance process
- Partner closely with the Tax department, around transfer pricing and other intercompany transactions
- Demonstrate past experience and knowledge to assist with the design, implementation, and execution of scalable, efficient, and GAAP and tax compliant processes and related systems
- Manage the consolidation process including the review of consolidation, reconciliation of inter-company and investment in subsidiaries, and other related transactions
- Manage the process for transaction-level matching, reconciliation, and elimination, including clearing of original balances post-settlement of intercompany transactions
- Supervise the preparation and review of legal entity level financial reporting, including governance over the statutory reporting process and related audits
- Analyzes key company drivers associated with tax accounting within the International and Domestic structure
- Understanding the interdependencies between certain accounting and legal entities, and the reasoning behind the set-up of structures will be key
- Maintains expertise associated with legal entity tax accounting and cross-sharing of this knowledge
- Act as a key team leader, foster a growth and innovation mentality, and work to build a strong team in a constantly evolving environment
- Prepare quarterly consolidation balance sheet reporting packages
- Prepare various financial schedules, such as FX reasonableness proof, late entry review, and AOCI roll forward
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 8+ years of accounting or reporting at a public company and/or external audit of public companies.
- A solid understanding and application of US GAAP, with a specialization of knowledge surrounding intercompany and foreign currency transactions
- Experience supporting the netting and settlement of intercompany transaction invoices
- Must have a proven track record of effective communication at all levels across the entire organization, with a high level of self-awareness when it comes to the effectiveness of their own communication and an ability to lead through influence
- Knowledge and experience regarding the effective financial system design and configuration of financial systems in order to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization
- A highly organized, meticulous self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team
- Able to assist with calculation and documentation of corporate allocations and centralized service charges
- Prior experience, recommend and implement process improvements for the overall team and drive consistency and standardization to process and procedures
- The ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing
- Strong problem-solving skills, including the ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate combined with the ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems
- Performs well under pressure and effectively balance multiple, concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must have a strong understanding of internal control concepts, including documentation requirements
- Active CPA license in good standing preferred
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.