ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to help manage and support Peloton’s Corporate Accounting team! This person will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for a variety of operating expenses. This candidate will challenge the status quo in order to develop and implement standard methodologies within our Accounting and Financial Reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members.
The ideal candidate will have an excellent eye for business, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools. In addition, the candidate has in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls, and experience working with external auditors. This person is an analytical problem solver who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment!
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Own the month-end close processes for assigned areas, including daily interaction with internal business partners and external auditors
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Prepare and review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare analytics over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner
- Develop robust documentation around SOX-compliant internal controls, and ensure all controls are performed and documented in a manner that will meet the requirements of both internal and external auditors
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis, and researching standard methodologies in the industry
- Support business processes by partnering with FP&A as well as business departments
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system
- Partake in ad hoc team projects and analysis, as assigned
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of relevant Accounting experience - Public Accounting experience preferred
- Education and/or comparable professional experience in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail, and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet pressing deadlines
- Great teammate with a strong work ethic
- Tech-savvy and MS Excel superuser; comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, Concur, and BlackLine
- Experience supervising one or more staff for 1+ years strongly preferred
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.