ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Director of Technical Product Safety leads and manages the global department for product safety to assure compliance with our standards and our Member Satisfaction. This individual is accountable for ensuring requirements adhere to Peloton’s Quality and Safety requirements. The Senior Director role is responsible for driving departmental strategy, budget, improvement initiatives, and creating a process and structure capable of achieving Peloton’s strategic long term growth plans. This role will partner heavily with Member Support, Product Safety Compliance, Legal and all the other Quality and Safety Functions. This role reports directly to the SVP, Quality, Safety & Product PMO.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Partner with our Product Safety Compliance team to be the voice of Technical team in any investigations and/or escalations
- Lead Product Investigation Council
- Ability to identify, prioritize, assess and mitigate risks with a cross functional team
- Establish vision and organizational framework for comprehensive Global Technical Product Safety Program
- Coordinate with Quality Product Management & Customer Experience/Compliance leadership to ensure end-to-end product safety coverage during all phases of the product
- Establish framework for Product Safety to monitor our risks, define correct actions and lead the different investigations from the technical point of view
- Ensure that all critical processes are established and under control
- Establish robust system for Problem Solving issuance and resolution with an emphasis on closed-loop root cause and corrective actions for all product safety related topics
- Partner with other areas to identify critical areas for improvements in the product to assure continuous improvement
- Define the strategy for Product Safety approach and priorities aligned with the Member Support team
- Coordinate and prioritize resources for escalation and problem solving
- Review, approve or modify changes to products, processes, and documentation that could impact product safety
- Manage the relationship and be an active participant in different norms and standards committees (i.e: UL, EN, ASTM, etc)
- Maintain knowledge and application of the product safety regulations, standards, requirements and certifications that apply to Connected Fitness products
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- At least 7+ years experience in Quality and/or Product Safety leadership roles
- Engineering Degree
- Global leadership in different products and/or industries
- At least 5+ years experience in the Consumer Goods industry with B2C business
- Demonstrated experience in developing strategy for Product Safety
- Understands the art of nuance and has strong communication skills with ability to align other functional leaders and teams around vision. Confident in presenting to executives on fast moving programs
- Strong knowledge of Product Compliance in different environments
- Great teammate and highly motivated to make a difference
- Change maker with bias for positive action
- Flexible and agile; able to adjust to changing circumstances and business demands
- Thorough knowledge of Quality Management systems and Problem Solving
- Master Degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration
- Experience in the Connected Fitness / Fitness Equipment industry
- Experience with Consumer Product Safety Commission products
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.