ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Master Data Analyst - (SAP) ensures accurate, complete, and compliant master data across the enterprise for PRECOR within the SAP system. The incumbent is responsible for organization and governance of master data to facilitate functions of sales forecasting, demand planning, sales-operations planning, master scheduling, supply chain optimization, business intelligence and analysis.
A successful candidate will have a background that demonstrates strong proficiency with structuring data in SAP, configuration management as it relates to Agile (PLM), SAP (ERP) inventory transactions and business planning.
This role will be critical in helping us decide what, when, where, and how much inventory we need to purchase in order to meet our customer’s expectations. To achieve this we must continually improve our tools, business processes and skills. A solid data structure, and scrubbed material configurations are necessary for us to be able to purchase, manufacture, distribute, and install the right materials at the right time and place. Given that we purchase a variety of raw materials to support captive manufacturing sites, the incumbent will help us to configure our data to support and sustain our global enterprise.
This position will be part of the Operations department and the scope will include custodianship of all PRECOR product master data worldwide, including material master records, bills of material, item number configuration and possibly other data. Ancillary master data will also fall under the purview of the Master Data Manager. Such master data may include, but is not limited to, vendor/material information records, work center definition, routings, configuration profiles, product hierarchy, object dependencies, and classification data.
The Master Data Analyst - Senior reports to the Director of Sales & Operations Planning, and works under general supervision. The role will not currently be managing any other employees, but will collaborate with peers in SAP, Operations, Sales, Engineering and Finance.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
Master Data Creation, Oversight and Change Management (40%)
- Operate as a Master Data content expert and work with business users to analyze data integrity, completeness, consistency, accuracy, timeliness, conformity, and validity
- Drive comprehensive master data creation & maintenance processes
- Work with reporting team to build auditing tools that find gaps or errors in master data
- Define oversight reporting requirements
- Execute mass maintenance jobs and utilities according to business requirements
- Ensure full population of required SAP master data across the business enterprise
- Work with Program Managers and Product Development relating to new product introduction processes.
- Maintain parameter tables for Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) data transformation
- Define change control process for mass update requests
Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning, Master Scheduling, MRP Planning Support (30%)
- Support Sales Forecasting process data requirements in SAP
- Support with monthly preparation of Sales & Operations Planning consensus planning
- Configure data in SAP to facilitate generation of shortage reports via MRP planning
- Ensure data is constructed in such a manner as to enable Master Scheduling
- Collaborate, cooperate, and coordinate with business intelligence teams to mine SFDC quoting tool (Apttus) and SFDC marketing data (Pardot / Clari) into forecast modeling
Document Data Definition and Standardization (10%)
- Identify product categories and dimensions
- Define data requirements by category and dimension
- Document master data footprint
- Define footprint (location-specific) data requirements
- Develop standard process for streamlined data population in ancillary systems
- Coordinate complementary system data definitions
- Define process for field reporting of master data issues
- Define consistent naming standards and data protocol
Business Analysis (10%)
- Provide guidance on project and new development work, ensuring adherence to master data standards and strategy
- Act as a liaison between different technical teams, to assist in gaining consensus on data field usage
- Participate actively in design and delivery of new systems with integration requirements to SAP
- Introduce reports to show master data quality, metrics, and trends
- Work with SAP team to develop a data cost model, illustrating cost of bad data
- Actively research and promote ideas for better data governance
Product Lifecycle (5%)
- Establish and populate data fields relating to product lifecycle processes, from new product introduction through obsolescence
- Set appropriate field content on master data records to reflect lifecycle phases for at least inventory planning, but possibly also may include discrete fields for pulic-facing sales and engineering revision tracking
- Evaluate workflow tools and propose a process for improving local (post-PLM) population of master data content
- Support business leaders with data queries, form population, form routing, and ERP updates
Performs other duties as assigned
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Economics, Business, or other relevant field is preferred
- 4+ years of SAP experience with focus on Master Data Management, MRP Planning and/or other related function
- 2+ years experience with Agile PLM a plus
- SAP Variant Configuration experience a plus
- Strong cross-functional knowledge of master data usage across the supply chain
- Direct experience managing master data across a large multi-national enterprise
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency
- Strong organizational skills
- Articulate communicator
- Quick learner and motivated team player
- Customer Focus – solicits and uses feedback for continuous improvement. Strives for quality and excellence.
- Accountability – takes a no excuses approach to making things happen. Takes responsibility for own actions and results.
- Teamwork – Actively assists to move the team toward the completion of goals
- Communication Skills – Effectively expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form.
- Collaboration - Establishes collaborative relationships to achieve objectives
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft Access experience, and/or other database management
- Microsoft Visio or similar flow charting tool
- Winshuttle experience preferred
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light physical effort in an office environment
- Some lifting of parts / products may be required in the manufacturing areas.
- Moderate computer use / data entry
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
DISCLAIMER: The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of the employee. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.