ABOUT THE ROLE
You will be a software engineer on a team that creates Peloton’s fitness products on the web. You will work with a cross functional team of engineers, product managers, and designers to build rich user experiences at scale for our web users.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work within an agile development environment with peer engineers, designers, and product managers on a daily basis to scope, develop and deliver a software experience that realizes the product strategy
- Work with tools like Typescript, React, Next.js, and Storybook
- Work closely with our design team to deliver composable and scalable React components
- Contribute to Peloton’s design system by building out and refining reusable UI elements
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on cultivating engineer growth and learning
- Be a part of the team working to bring scalability and reusability to the design and component creation
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 2+ years web development experience
- Experience partnering with designers to implement designs in code
- Experience building pages for the web while maintaining and testing for web accessibility and performance
- Experience building composable and portable React components for enterprise level applications
- A passion for building consumer-facing websites
- A passion for keeping up with best practices and web standards
- A familiarity with common web performance metrics and with the tools used to identify, benchmark, and resolve performance-related issues in web applications
- A motivation to keep up to date with the latest front end packages and frameworks
- Experience building web applications with responsive design in mind and embraces a mobile first
- Confidence when styling UI elements with CSS and using CSS in JS
- Experience in Unit Testing/Test Driven Development
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.