ABOUT THE ROLE
The VP of Product will be responsible for leading the product team to continue to drive innovation, iteration, and optimization of all of existing and future Peloton products. This leader will serve as a transformational technical and people motivator, providing insights to the leadership team on scale, quality, and automation, and building and leading a world class product team.
As we continue to grow towards our goal of 100 million members, we are increasing the reach of our brand and improving access to the product by launching a platform to support high growth opportunities. In this role, you'll drive innovation with a members-first approach by increasing reach to prospective members and expanding access to Peloton’s premium product line. This cross-functional role will focus on building continued positive relationships across all product and engineering teams.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Hire and develop the best: The role will manage and grow the product team across multiple verticals. You will build out the team, develop leaders and coach best practices. You’ll need to excel at hiring and developing your technical talent.
- Set a vision: you will build a vision for a variety of Peloton products. You will set a roadmap and deliver short term and long term wins that support Peloton’s position as the leader in Connected Fitness.
- Drive Scale: You must understand the demands of managing a 24x7 application at large-scale. This leader must be capable of scaling themselves and their team to meet the ever-increasing demands of a fast-growing business.
- Operational excellence: You will champion product engineering and operational excellence, establishing key metrics and processes.
- Prioritize well: This leader must have the ability to prioritize work for the direct team and partner teams, establish goals, and focus attention on the most important inputs to drive the desired business outcomes.
- Collaborate: you will collaborate with other parts of the Peloton Engineering team to produce and support tech solutions for a variety of Peloton’s business practices.
- Influence product strategy: you will partner closely with the other Engineering leaders to develop a roadmap that balances short term deliverables with long term scalability.
- Think big: Internally, this role will inspire the organization to think differently and innovate. You will provide thought leadership and collaborate with colleagues to grow Peloton’s products as best in class.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Degree in technical or quantitative/business-oriented field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10+ years of experience managing product teams with 5+ years of managing multiple managers/teams.
- A history of delivering sophisticated consumer products with a deep technical understanding of hardware and software product cycle
- A proven track record of hiring, mentoring, and leading high functioning product management teams
- A strong quantitative skill-set with a dedication to rigorous data driven decision-making
- Demonstrated experience in building successful cross-functional partnerships and successfully navigating complex stakeholder environments
- Highly analytical and able to find opportunities to influence multi-year product roadmaps
- Strong customer obsession: you enjoy obsessing over getting the customer experience right
- You earn trust with your direct team and stakeholders: you listen, you are inclusive, you treat others with respect, and you are willing to be vocally self-critical
- Hire and develop the best: you value coaching your team and developing leaders. You have a demonstrated track record of hiring strong talent and moving them through the organization
- Passionate self-starter, decisive and able to move with speed to implement ideas
- You are a builder-- you like to invent on behalf of customers. You are comfortable working with ambiguity.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.