ABOUT THE ROLE
The Principal Category Manager, Electronics is the domain expert in the electronics commodities space for Peloton Interactive, including semiconductors, passives, power sources, and other specialized technologies including audio, sensors, and displays. They will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. This director-level role will be responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Act as the sourcing leader in the electronics commodities space.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to their relevant commodities, which include scanning and developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive sophisticated sourcing efforts across key electronics areas, partnering closely with software, system, electrical, and other key engineering & technology fields.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating and guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Own the supplier performance management of their respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, and innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for their respective commodity
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Proven leadership in driving and influencing other teams to a common goal.
- 15+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Domain expertise may include - semiconductors, passives, sensors, power sources, etc.
- Previous experience collaborating with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS.
- Previously managed in excess of $500M in their commodities spend.
- Strategic thinker, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering stakeholders.
- Significant background with EE component demand-supply cycles with varied approaches in partnering with suppliers to ensure high demand-supply alignment in a volatile environment.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis to ensure data-driven analytics tied to component and supplier selection, in a product-based ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.