ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with a focus on Kubernetes operations to work with teams across the organization to help build and maintain a monitorable, performant, reliable and highly-scalable deployment platform. We are a growing team of engineers tackling challenging problems with scaling Kubernetes to handle thousands of nodes and pods spread across many deployments.
The Kubernetes working group at Peloton works closely with development teams to ensure that the platform is robust, stable, and delivers features that include the following:
- Automatic, fast autoscaling for live rides and special large events
- Hosting critical infrastructure that ensures that our members have the best experience possible on tens of thousands of pods across multiple clusters
- Provides a platform for machine learning (and other awesome workloads) so that we can be at the forefront of the industry
- Allows developers to move quickly and experiment, without getting in the way
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in observability and monitoring
- Consult in system design to meet reliability and capacity requirements
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks.
- Conduct timely post-mortems of infrastructure incidents
- Assist with all aspects of operational security and compliance
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate solutions
- We work with Amazon Web Services, Golang, Python, Ubuntu, Nginx and Terraform
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Experience maintaining scalable and stable Kubernetes clusters.
- Experience building automation tooling to help improve developer experience.
- Knowledge of best practices when it comes to the observability and monitoring required to run Kubernetes at scale.
- Knowledge of best practices in regards to securing a Kubernetes cluster and its deployments at scale.
- A passion for helping development teams make the transition to a container-native world.
- Experience with CI/CD Systems such as for example: Jenkins, ArgoCD, Harness, Tekton, etc.
- Experience deployment infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform or Pulumi.
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis.
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with strong sense of ownership.
- Experience with a programming language like Python, Golang, Java, C.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.