We are seeking a highly talented, experienced and versatile Vice President, Financial Shared Services. This position will be a key member of the finance leadership team reporting to the SVP-Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) leading the Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables, Payroll and Expenses functions, globally. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, collaborative, team-oriented, mentor/leader who will be responsible for managing the design and execution of scalable policies, processes and systems that address risk management and efficient transaction processing, while ensuring accounting/reporting is in accordance with company and country regulations/guidelines. With significant organic growth and strategic acquisitions, this is an exciting, energized time at Peloton. The company has experienced significant growth and change since the IPO in September 2019 and continues to experience meaningful change, impacting our company and financial team. We need a collaborative, nimble, agile, high potential payroll professional who has a pragmatic approach that can drive change as well as the desire/ability to expand the scope, influence, and impact of the position.
The position can be located either at Peloton HQ in New York City or at the Operations Center in Plano, Texas. This person will be a critical leader to the Finance team and the broader organization as we scale our business, while continuing to meet the needs of our employees and stakeholders.
- Develop, manage, mentor, and build a best in class shared service organization that proactively drives continuous improvement and works with a collaborative mentality.
- Develop processes, systems, infrastructure and controls to scale with business growth, including documentation of policies and procedures
- Advise leadership team members on a strategy for global payroll, accounts payable and receivables, employee expense management.
- Lead, manage and mentor the current payroll team and be responsible to develop and maintain a “best-in-class” Global function.
- Improve, manage, and maintain processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and controls within the payroll department, support operational needs, and drive best practices through systemic solutions.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership over the payroll ERP/Systems implementations and improvements.
- Lead the timely and accurate payroll integration for acquisitions. Supports People Systems / Benefits / Finance / M&A teams on all ADP projects impacting payroll data.
- Lead payroll initiatives for international expansion and ensure tax and regulatory compliance with country guidelines / laws.
- Oversee all accounts payable-related activities, including approvals, payments, postings, and accounting close.
- Oversee employee expense processing and reporting.
- Ensure timely submission of 1099 and W-2s as well as all payroll required filings.
- Drive strategy to move towards automated payments and straight-through processing
- Partner with departments across the business to streamline cross-functional processes, identify improvement opportunities and resolve solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Significant experience with ADP Workforce Now, ADP Payroll, NetSuite and SAP
- 15+ years payroll management, consulting or other relevant experience, preferably with a global public company
- Detail oriented with superior organization and excellent analytical skills
- Impactful business partner with strong communications skills able to effectively collaborate across departments
- Prior experience with effective financial system design, configuration, and implementation of financial systems to support a rapidly growing and internationally expanding organization.
- Ideal candidate is a highly entrepreneurial person who thrives in a dynamic work environment and demonstrates a flexible and adaptable work style that responds quickly and efficiently under tight deadlines
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.