ABOUT THE ROLE
The Maintenance Technician reports directly to the Senior Maintenance Supervisor and is expected to work with minimal supervision. Quality workmanship, attention to detail, and good judgment skills are required. Performance of duties will involve interaction with all levels of production management and employees throughout Peloton/Precor. This full-time position involves working in the Maintenance Department in the Whitsett NC location. Must be able to work a flexible schedule as required by business needs. Incumbents must be available to work a rotating on-call schedule to support night and weekend shifts. The primary function of this position is the support of production and process operations, to ensure maximum equipment uptime. Good overall mechanical and electrical skills are required to fulfill the requirements of this job.
This is a 1st shift role working 7:30am - 4:00pm, M-F + possible OT.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Assists in the planning and installation of electrical systems, electrical apparatus, and electrical/electronic components on industrial machinery.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical systems, electrical apparatus, and electrical/electronic components on industrial machinery e.g., CNC equipment, mills, lathes, presses, saws, conveyors, welding equipment.
- Is willing and able to acquire working knowledge of electrical codes, blueprints, schematic diagrams, and other specifications as required.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, and electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Installs, programs, and repairs automated machinery and equipment, such as robots or programmable controllers, under the direction of senior maintenance technicians.
- Troubleshoots and repairs hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical systems; possesses good, well-rounded mechanical skills.
- Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
- Ability to set up and operate metalworking tools such as lathes, mills, or saws to fabricate or repair parts is desirable.
- Metal fabrication and welding skills are desirable.
- Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing business to meet or exceed customer needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for understanding the Precor Safety Policy and for practicing safe work habits on the job. Must also attend regularly scheduled department safety meetings.
- Assists in the inspection and testing of facility support machinery and equipment using electrical/electronic test and other diagnostic equipment.
- Performs regular safety inspections of various building systems and equipment.
- Performs minor repairs to various building systems and equipment.
- Is willing to work in overhead areas up to 25 feet by means of man-lift.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other industrial powered vehicles.
- Assists in the design and fabrication of control panels for tool engineering.
- Completes paperwork as required, e.g., work orders, time sheets, purchase orders, and TQ tracking.
- Other duties as required by the position
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Education - High School Diploma or GED.
- Valid NC Driver's License required
- Electrical Certificate/License/Qualified Electrician or other key Maintenance component standing, or other technical industrial training & certification preferred.
- Must be able to work a 5-8 schedule.
- 2-5 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of CNC equipment, robotics and/or powder coating systems.
- Strong understanding of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence internal and external customers to get results.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and critical thinking skills with demonstrated use of troubleshooting and diagnostic tools and equipment.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software programs.
- Proven experience leveraging Lean Manufacturing principles to drive improvement.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) is a plus.
- Proven track record of successfully meeting or exceeding internal and external customer needs.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other industrial powered vehicles.
Must be able to lift 40 lbs. Will be exposed to noise in the manufacturing environment (managed under Hearing Conservation). Will be exposed to temperature fluctuations in a warehouse/shop type environment. When operating air tools, hands and wrists are exposed to mild to moderate vibration. Work with or around sharp and hot or cold objects. Safety glasses and safety shoes are required; gloves and hearing protection are required in select areas; other as necessary. Safety apparel is provided on the job site. Minor exposure to hazardous substances may occur in certain areas (while wearing proper PPE). Will be exposed to hot or potentially dangerous machinery in some areas. Some outside work with exposure to prevailing ambient weather will occur.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height repeatedly throughout a 10-hour shift.
- Spend time using your hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Exposed to potential hazardous equipment.
- Frequent standing.
- Wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, hard hats.
- Sounds, noise levels are distracting or uncomfortable.
- Frequent time bending or twisting the body.
- Frequent time kneeling, crouching, stooping, or crawling.
Potential hazards - Potential hazards may include working with moving parts (machines guarded per OSHA rules), nip points, material handling, sharp edges on stock, flying particles, lifting, repetitive motions (upper extremities), and moderate noise exposure (70-85 db., hearing protection provided).
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.