ABOUT THIS ROLE
The Supply Planner is part of a team that drives global inventory replenishment plans that meet our customers' needs. The Supply Planner will continually improve our ability to meet customer requirements by balancing the refinement of existing processes and implementing new processes.
The Supply Planner responsibilities include the preparation of supply requirements for finished goods, sub-assemblies, raw materials, products manufactured in Precor's facilities, and those purchased from external suppliers. The Supply Planner will schedule and coordinate workflow within or between manufacturing departments and suppliers based on customer orders, established priorities, availability or capability of workers, raw materials, and equipment. The Supply Planner may be asked to engage in or lead the team in special projects.
The Supply Planner will report to the Supply Planning Manager and work with minimal supervision. The position involves a high degree of interaction with Manufacturing, Sales, Accounting, Purchasing, Engineering, and other company departments and requires a solid ability to exercise independent judgment.
This is a critical role, as errors in the supply plans can decrease Precor's ability to meet customer requirements, cost a lot of money, and result in missing revenue opportunities.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON:
- Develop global inventory replenishment plans for Finished Goods and Raw materials to support customer order and demand plan requirements
- Continually monitor the business's state and dynamically adjusts plans as required to achieve inventory and revenue goals
- Lead the creation and review of supply plans in pursuit of balance across defined KPIs, including the dimensions of forecast accuracy (for supply chain stabilization), working capital, customer fill rate, and inbound freight optimization
- Use MPS and DRP to collect global supply data on a rolling 18 to 24-month basis
- Evaluate, update and maintain safety stock values at all levels of inventory, in all locations
- Utilize RCCP (Rough Cut Capacity Planning) techniques to evaluate supplier demand smoothing and address future potential supply constraints
- Kanban & VMI Planning: Collaborate with manufacturing engineering/production staff to develop, optimize, and maintain world-class lean replenishment systems
- Develops plans for the phase-in and phase-out of goods, including potential cannibalization and unique product launch requirements
- Assist Engineering, Planning and Commodity Managers in determining the optimal mix between obsolete materials the build-out finished goods from excess materials
- Generate data required to monitor and improve DSI via regular inventory review meetings
- Schedules, conducts, and documents the results of periodic supply review meetings (minimum frequency = monthly)
- Confer with key department managers to arrive at a consensus MPS/DRP that meets company revenue goals. At a minimum, this will include Purchasing and Factory Operations
- Evolves tools to measure Forecast Accuracy, including weighted mean absolute percent accuracy/error, mean absolute deviation, and forecast bias
- Inventory Turns (DSI): Responsible for monitoring and improving DSI
- On-Time In Full (OTIF): Responsible for monitoring and improving OTIF
- Schedule monthly (at a minimum) meetings to review Supply data
- Schedule periodic tactical review meetings to ensure supply continuity
- Ensure supply plans have adequate review before their hand-off to Supplier Schedulers
- Work with Supplier Schedulers to improve the transmission of purchase requisitions and supply requirements
- Develops, implements, and maintains a data collection and analysis system to support the Supply Planning process. This includes, at a minimum, the use of SAP (MPS, DRP, and RCCP)
- Dedication to continuous improvement of tools, processes, skills, and team performance
- Special projects or analytical work may be assigned, as needed
- SAP Responsibilities - Master data integrity of all fields for supply planning, as defined in the Master Data "RACI" documents held by the Master Data Manager
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience is required. A degree in a technical field is preferred
- American Production Inventory Control Society certification or certification from the Institute of Business Forecasting are preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of supply planning in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum of 5 years of supply planning for outsourced goods (both domestic and internationally sourced)
- Experience working with an MRP required, Oracle or SAP experience preferred
- Experience with Agile or other BOM management tools preferred
- Ability to understand, measure and perform to established planning Key Performance Indicators including DSI, Inventory Turns, Customer Fill Rate, Inventory Constrained Past Due Customer Orders and other KPIs
- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results (i.e., pricing, delivery, cost, and quality).
- Detail-oriented, results-driven, and proactive, collaborative communication approach
- Strong customer service focus and follow-through in meeting internal client needs
- Ability to develop relationships and successfully negotiate with vendors to satisfy Precor's business objectives
- Must use a variety of computer programs/systems, at an advanced level, to track results (SAP, Excel, Teams, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Agile)
- Takes a "no excuses" approach to making things happen without creating unnecessary drama
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.