ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is looking for a Warehouse Associate. The regular working hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with the possibility of mandatory overtime.
The pay rate is $19.00/hr.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
This position is responsible for loading trucks, accurately identifying product/product codes, and selecting/shipping product. Prepares and packs orders for shipment. Selects appropriate shipping containers and packing material. Operates standard manual and automatic equipment. Checks receipts against purchase order for proper shipment, shortages, damages or defects. Reports to Warehouse Supervisor.
- Primary tasks includes loading truck with finished fitness equipment
- Includes preparation of machines by wrapping, strapping, and other various protective means prior to loading truck
- Documentation and Scanning of product
- Staging of product for loading
- Unloading & loading of material on racks using powered industrial trucks
- May be assigned to work in the Customer Service area which includes receiving parts for customer services orders from production; packaging of materials; creating and printing shipping labels using computer; data entry into SAP
- Participates in inventory as scheduled
- Read and understand written instructions, shipping orders, department paperwork, safety warning labels and placards; Verbally communicate with manager, leads and co-workers regarding department procedures and safety related information
- Use a variety of computer programs / systems to track results (Word, Excel, Email, Internet, etc.).
- Quality: Actively pursues continuous improvement and ease of doing the tasks of the position to meet or exceed department needs and to further overall company goals and objectives.
- Safety: Responsible for understanding Precor's Safety Policy and for practicing safe work habits on the job.
- Area Maintenance: Keeps area neat and in order using 5s
YOUR BRING TO PELOTON
- High School diploma or GED
- Prefer one year shipping experience, preferably in a furniture, appliance or large/odd size materials.
- Other manufacturing experience helpful
- Good communications skills.
- Basic math, reading, and communication skills.
- Must be able to be certified to drive forklift.
- Must be able to keep up with fast-paced, time-sensitive operations.
- Typing skills helpful, but not mandatory for shipping station, which produces computer-generated labels.
- Work is performed indoors in a heated modern factory space. Ambient working temperature may range from 50 F – 90 F, depending on season. Work area is clean and free from wet, slippery conditions. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and gloves. Respirator may be required if applicable.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the daily essential functions of this job during an 8- or 10-hour shift.
- Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
- Ability to frequently (6-8 hrs.): talk and/or hear, see, stand, use hands, reach at or above the shoulder
- Ability to routinely (4-6 hrs.): bend, do simple finger grasping, lift waist to shoulder
- Ability to occasionally (2-4 hrs.): walk, lift floor to waist, reach above the shoulder, push, and pull using wheeled carts and bins
- Ability to on a rare basis (0-2 hrs.): Sit, kneel, or crawl, stoop or squat, twist, use of feet (foot pedals), lifting shoulder to overhead, climb (small ladder) or balance.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.