We are looking for a talented and passionate Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products in Peloton Roadmap. You collaborate with software developers, systems engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and electrical and other hardware engineering teams. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
- Development of new features for embedded systems(including AOSP development)
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Architect and implement embedded firmware designs/programs to support development of scientific instruments
- Work with electrical, mechanical, software and system engineers to develop the firmware requirements
- Design, develop and verify firmware, drivers and APIs for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware teams
- Write software for hardware and system verification and validation
- Write software for manufacturing test fixtures and instrument calibration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of experience as an embedded software/firmware engineer required
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging
- Hands-on experience in coding in C/C++ and embedded systems
- Experience with RTOS , bare-metal systems
- Experience in one or more of these areas: sensors, USB, I2C, SPI communication protocols
- System level integration experience
- Board bring up experience
- Experience in writing unit and system level test software
- Ability to understand, debug and work with Schematics
- Strong debugging/trouble-shooting and problem solving skills of embedded systems
- Experience with Linux kernel development
- Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
- Experience with PID control and motor control
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.