ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for Software Engineers to join our Platform team. We build the foundational developer tools relied on by hundreds of developers to build software at Peloton. You will join a team where everyone shares a common curiosity about unlocking developer efficiency by building tools to allow engineers to discover information more easily, build code or infrastructure at the touch of a button, and manage mobile apps, websites, and backend services, and data pipelines with minimal toil. This is especially important as Peloton plans to scale out 100-fold over the next few years.
Our team's mission is to create the best developer experience in the tech industry for the entire spectrum of Peloton's technology: IoT, firmware, web, apps, backend, messaging, content, data, and machine learning. We are responsible for Peloton's core infrastructure, self-service developer tooling, and Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC). You will create the tooling and services that enable engineers to generate “paved road” infrastructure patterns —at the push of a button in our developer portal—or through check-in of a simple config file. Your work will unleash the productivity of hundreds of engineers, enabling thousands of infrastructure changes per day—all with GitOps-backed configuration management and out-of-the-box best practices for security, reliability, and scalability.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Work to unify infrastructure and reduce development lead times
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges during hyper-growth
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability and performance
- Promote iterative development to deliver bug-free code, using best practices such as rate-limiting, fault-tolerance, CI/CD, canary releases, test automation, and observability in order to ensure confidence in our platform
- Actively engage in technical discussions, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality
- Become an expert in the Platform domain, working closely with our Platform PMs and engineers across other departments in Platform and Peloton
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Passionate about software development and motivated to stay current with the latest frameworks
- Strong coding/debugging abilities with experience in GoLang or Python
- Comfortable working with cloud services and infrastructure
- Understand Infrastructure-as-Code with experience in Terraform or similar infrastructure tool
- Possess an agile mindset and embrace iterative development
- Experienced with unit, regression, and performance test frameworks
- Ability to collaborate with both remote and in-person teams
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.