We are looking for a Staff Accountant, Connected Fitness to help manage and support our Accounting & Finance department. The ideal candidate will have excellent eye for business and will be a natural numbers wizard who is able to effectively demonstrate software tools such as Excel to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of their processes. In addition, the candidate has a strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, and experience working with internal and external auditors. They are an analytical problem solver with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn and grow and be a part of Peloton’s multifaceted business.
- Assist in month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including understanding of required upstream internal controls over financial reporting
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation, and communication of companywide KPI’s
- Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls
- Assist with external audit requests
- Actively maintain and review designated General Ledger accounts and activity
- Support business processes by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts Payable, IT, Payroll, Legal, Strategy, Supply Chain and Member Support
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory and application of U.S. GAAP
- 1-2 years of relevant Accounting experience
- Big Four or similar paced industry experience highly preferred
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external business partners at various level in a clear and concise manner
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment and an ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar, Blackline, Alteryx and Workiva is a plus
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.