ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Peloton Prototype Shop machinist, you will be responsible for programming, set-up and operation of vertical milling machines, lathes and 5-axis router based on 3D CAD and 2D drawing specifications. This role collaborates with our Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design teams on R&D, new product development and prototyping the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has grounded experience in CNC and traditional machining with an emphasis on prototyping and problem solving.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Operate 3-axis CNC milling machines, CNC lathes and 5-axis gantry router. Experience with Haas, ProtoTRAK and Fagor controls a plus.
- Machine and/or fabricate precision prototypes and fixturing to tight tolerances and complex geometries based on specifications.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in programming CAM, knowledge of G-code and overall machine operation.
- Measure, inspect and troubleshoot dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Complete routine and priority tasks defined by management to ensure on time deliveries.
- Perform equipment maintenance, manage tool libraries and material inventory.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 5+ years experience in CNC milling & turning, machine operation and setup.
- Experience with SolidWorks (preferred), Mastercam or equivalent CAD/CAM software.
- Solid understanding of mechanical design and dimensioning principles which includes reading 3D CAD + 2D drawings and geometric tolerances.
- General knowledge of hand tools and experience with mechanical assemblies.
- Proficient computer skills and clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
- Ability to shift from one task to another and address changing production priorities.
- Strong sense of ownership and work ethic.
- Knowledge of other model making techniques a plus: wood working, metal fabrication, plastics, paint & finish.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.