ABOUT THE ROLE
At Peloton, we view Platform as a Product. A great platform unlocks the speed of development and learning. It allows us to scale easily, enabling our engineers to maximize attention on new features and capabilities, instead of working on building and managing infrastructure.
A key to creating a great platform is data-driven insights. How often are developers making pull requests? Does this differ by domain and code-base? How long does it take between commit and deploy? How often does each team deploy? What are the bottlenecks? What are the frictions we need to address? Then later, after you help us identify these, what impact did we make? How much did we speed up our work? How efficiently does our code run in production? What error rates are we seeing per session, client app, etc.? Where should we focus our attention to create the best outcomes for our members?
This is a new role in Platform, a key part of our new Product organization in Platform. You will build data sets, run analyses, share insights, and create analytics that enables our entire Platform organization to be more data-driven in how we plan work and measure value. Your insights and discoveries will lead to the creation of key initiatives and investments and will result in key outcomes visible across technology and business operations at Peloton.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Partner with engineering and product teams (across Peloton and leaders in the industry) to define what true developer productivity is and how to determine strong proxy measures of this
- Design and build data pipelines and data lakes to capture, clean, and analyze data on developer activity, and use this to construct meaningful insights that allow us to continually improve the developer experience at Peloton--across every domain. Create dashboards that empower tech leadership to measure progress and prioritize action.
- Lead research & experimentation initiatives to develop a deeper understanding of the developer experience, applying insights to drive the Platform's product and instructional design strategies
- Create strategic frameworks to prioritize new projects by evaluating and forecasting their potential to improve developer productivity
- Maintain a culture of data rigor and curiosity to discover new opportunities for impact
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- A degree in Econometrics, Statistics, similar field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience with mixed data skillsets and approaches (analytics, analytic tools, and data science); experience with rapid product development in an agile environment is preferred
- Strong analytical skills, including analysis and modeling of unstructured data, statistics, A/B testing, and experimental design
- You have a deep understanding of a breadth of modeling techniques (e.g. regression models, causal inference in marketing and product launches, advanced Bayesian techniques)
- Advanced SQL skills, and programming expertise in R or Python
- The capacity and passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses--and the results of these into business and product recommendations
- The ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and execute with autonomy
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.