ABOUT THE ROLE
Does the idea of working in a fast-paced, disruptive business excite you? Peloton is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic attorney with 8+ years’ experience counseling on privacy and data protection issues to join its Product Legal team. Be a part of a team that values innovation, collaboration, and the idea of working better together. You will be responsible for advising internal clients and legal colleagues as a subject matter expert in data privacy and data security. A successful candidate for this role will enjoy tackling challenging and often novel issues related to privacy, data protection, data use, IoT, and AI.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Act as a subject matter expert in areas of data privacy, use and protection laws and work with cross-functional teams on various solutions, policies, and training to drive privacy by design.
- Advise senior business leaders and legal team members on state, federal and global privacy laws like HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA.
- Draft and review privacy terms for agreements, public-facing disclosures, disclaimers, and other public-facing communications and documents.
- Collaborate with a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of professionals across the organization to continue building and updating a comprehensive privacy framework as new products are developed and internal technology tools are deployed.
- Counsel on emerging issues including biometric privacy and responsible uses of data and AI technology.
- Support cross-functional security teams in response to data protection inquiries.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney focused on consumer-facing technology, global privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of data protection and information security laws within a privacy framework including GDPR and CCPA.
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to work independently, meet demanding deadlines, triage effectively, and adjust tasks frequently.
- Ability to lead projects and programs in a dynamic environment as well as lead others informally in area of expertise.
- Superior critical thinking skills, with a bias for action and confidence to make informed decisions that have both legal and business implications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for successfully collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
- Ability to interact with senior management and strong executive maturity
- JD and an active license to practice law in a US jurisdiction.
- At least one privacy certification such as CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, Privacy Law Specialist, or CISSP preferred but not required.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.