Peloton Strength Software Engineering team is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Staff Systems Software Engineer interested to be part of a global team working on the next generation Peloton platforms based on Android. The ideal candidate we are looking for has a keen interest in investigating system-level issues and working with multiple software domains to engineer elegant solutions. Previous experience in working on projects at a system level is a plus. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug and integrate existing solutions.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time working with the Linux kernel, bootloaders and Android system components. Staff Systems Software Engineer is expected to function as a technical lead on our device projects and mentor less experienced engineers and interns.
- Responsible for the complete product SW development life cycle including working directly with ODMs and external vendors.
- Analyze customer and internal requirements and specifications and translate these into software designs.
- Analyze existing embedded software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Tests software designs and code at the unit and system level to ensure that all requirements are met and the highest software quality is achieved.
- Participates in internal and customer-driven design reviews throughout the program. ● Coordinates software development activities with the software team leaders, technical program managers and product owners.
- Identifies product requirements or performance issues. Works with the software team leader to negotiate a resolution.
- Manages small projects and technical resources, including planning, estimating and follow through.
- May direct the work of 1-2 other engineers.
- Our team spans multiple time zones and flexibility to accommodate is highly desirable. Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent. ● 7 years of embedded software development.
- 7 years of C/C++.
- Experience developing and debugging software in a real-time, embedded, multiprocessor, multi-interface environment.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HIDL, and or Linux kernel.
- The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, a very good understanding of ARM architecture and operating system concepts. Prior experience of working with video, audio, graphics or experience with Android HAL/HIDLs is an added advantage.
- The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and LINUX; BSP development; Android build system and Linux kernel driver development. They should also have experience in embedded C/C++, be comfortable with modern debugging tools and have a passion for developing new products.
- Experience with DSPs, Android application development, FreeRTOS, wireless technologies and edge machine learning is a plus.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.