Peloton is looking for a Senior Director Content Engineering and Development to join the Business Solutions department within the Content division.
As the Senior Director Content Engineering and Development you will carry significant responsibility as the lead for the design and delivery of the solution architecture managed by the business solutions department to deliver the strategy and requirements of the content division. Your vision will be critical in delivering the goals of the content division and delivering value from our strategic initiatives. As a lead in the department your role will be proactive in identifying opportunities to improve processes and designing an architecture that supports the evolution of the business often with rapid change, your solutions and the architecture you implement should enable the business and its leaders to succeed and not be a barrier to innovation for content.
- Mentor and lead the content business solutions development team working with two director level direct reports
- Create a culture of best practise within the department and implement a management approach to ensure this is adopted and adhered to
- Partner with leads in the business solutions department and the wider content division to scope the business requirements for the solution architecture
- Review the scope of requirements and recommend a technology stack and a solution suite that will meet the full scope of the business requirements in the content division
- Evaluate all existing business solutions on a regular basis and propose a retain or replace program to ensure the solution architecture continues to the deliver the evolving corporate strategy
- Research the market of available solutions and recommend enhance, build or buy options for solutions for all business requirements
- Recommend and implement an integration strategy to allow the business to benefit from a best of breed approach and select the best solution for each area
- Lead on the evaluation of potential solutions and technologies that will keep Peloton as the market leader and leverage pre-existing market solutions
- Work with leads in the business solutions department on the roadmap to prioritize solution additions or replacements
- Own the development roadmap to prioritize functionality enhancements to all business solutions working with in-house development teams and third party solution providers
- Oversee the delivery of the development roadmap with the direct reports, the directors of content engineering and development
- Create an environment for the business solutions development teams where people can learn, grow and succeed
- Design and implement methodologies to manage documentation, development, testing, release of all solutions
- We are looking for leaders with a background in solution architecture design achieved either through hands-on development experience or software design and delivery
- 12+ years of software experience specifically in the design, development or delivery of solutions within organizations that work with a combination of in-house and third party solutions
- Experience of managing large development teams with different levels of seniority, competencies and experience
- Ideally direct experience in a content-led organization or ability to demonstrate knowledge of content related business solutions
- Understanding of the connected fitness industry and knowledge of the scope of content and business requirements related to that industry
- Experience of working directly with senior leaders within a comparably sized organization and of designing a solution architecture that will meet their needs
- Direct experience or working knowledge of some or all of the technologies within the technology requirements section of this job description and ability to demonstrate past experience of adopting new technologies
- Experience of a development and integration methodology compatible with the objectives of this role
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be based in our Atlanta Georgia Office once safe to re-open the office.
- .NET (C#)
- MongoDB Atlas
- MongoDB Realm
- Amazon SQS
- Amazon S3
- Amazon ElasticSearch/OpenSearch
- Docker + Kubernetes
- RabbitMQ + NServiceBus
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.