ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for engaged and passionate Software Engineers to join our Database Engineering team. We enable developers to move quickly and innovate by providing the foundation upon which developers build the Peloton experience.
Our team's mission is to provide databases as a service and to guide and support development in the database layer. We work heavily with postgres and dynamoDB but are expanding the number and types of datastores as Peloton grows. We work closely with service owners on architecture and scalability of their services and have an opportunity to work with new projects and initiatives. We engage with peers and internal customers to understand workloads and design, build and operate services and tools to provide a great user experience for engineers.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Be a hands-on leader with focus on delivery of small to large initiatives including guiding the team to make strategic technical decisions to enable delivery outcomes, set expectations with and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
- Be directly responsible for maintaining and scaling our datastore layer in coordination with service owners to power a world-class fitness experience.
- Lead architecture meetings and technical discussions with the focus of reaching consensus and best practice solutions
- Lead, coach, and mentor other engineers of diverse backgrounds in an autonomous, cross-functional team.
- Design, develop and operate business-critical backend systems with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability.
- Implement self-service tooling and enhance the developer experience around databases as a service.We're using industry-standard, cloud-native tech, which means easily transferable skills.
- Deliver high quality outcomes across our engineering organization.
WHAT YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Demonstrated ability and maturity in your software engineering practice, with strong experience in practices like continuous delivery and automated testing..
- Ability to work collaboratively with your team and with customers and the ability to demonstrate empathy for their concerns.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining automation and developer tooling around distributed systems and databases.
- You have a systematic problem-solving approach coupled with effective communication skills and drive.
- You are able to apply your knowledge and experience in both structured and unstructured DB technologies to help improve our database offering.
- Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Hands on experience decomposing monoliths into microservices
- Hands-on experience designing and building event-driven architectures
- Experience with XP practices such as pair programming and Test Driven Development
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.