ABOUT THE ROLE
The Customer Support Specialist (“CSS”) is responsible for answering inbound phone requests from internal and external customers about customer service-related issues. The CSS works in a call center environment, taking an average of 50-70 inbound calls per day. The work site for this position is located at our Woodinville, WA office. The CSS will be required to work on-site approximately 1-4 days per month. They may choose to work remotely on other, agreed-upon workdays.
The CSS is responsible for ascertaining each customer’s needs, and then creating cases, entering non-warranty orders, assisting with pricing inquiries, checking on order status, answering warranty questions, status, logging service complaints, processing payment applications as well as preparing reports, electronic filing, database entry, operating all office equipment and assisting in special projects as needed. Position requires a high degree of flexibility, technical aptitude, and professionalism along with a moderate degree of technical aptitude, and the ability to work under time deadlines while multitasking.
The CSS reports to a Customer Support Supervisor and works under general supervision. This position involves a high degree of interaction with end customers (consumers, club owners/ managers, maintenance staff, and repair partners), service providers and dealers. This position also involves interaction with other departments such as Sales, Credit, Accounting, and Shipping. Pro-active follow-up, attention to detail, customer service and professionalism are essential factors in the daily administration of this position.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- First point of contact for inbound technical and non-technical customer phone calls, assessing calls and emails to ensure appropriate routing.
- Answer basic troubleshooting and parts questions using electronic diagrams and data.
- Create support cases in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, which provide clear, concise, and technically accurate problem descriptions.
- Create non-warranty quotes and orders.
- Communicate effectively with internal team members regarding processes and procedures.
- Consult with management to review process changes and implementation plans.
- Maintain contact with customer accounts, and end-users through phone contact and email correspondence, including order entry and shipping confirmations.
- Explain and administer company policies and procedures pertaining to customer service (i.e.warranty policy, parts credit, return policy, etc.). Set appropriate customer expectations.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the job, will be considered.
- 2+ years of customer service experience working within a call center environment, presenting a professional and congenial phone manner. Preferred
- Keyboarding skills as well as strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with a variety of computer programs at an advanced level (Word, Excel, G suite/slack, SAP, Salesforce, Agile etc.)
- Familiarity with a fast-paced environment that has a high volume of phone calls, email, and a consistent workload.
- Ability to work independently with high proficiency of organizational & multi-tasking skills.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.