As a Senior Software Engineer - Video Infrastructure at Peloton, you'll be a part of the core team that keeps client infrastructure redundant, scalable, and secure. The Streaming Engineering team is responsible for creating, protecting, and monitoring Peloton’s media infrastructure that is used to deliver content to our members. We do this by developing and maintaining an internally built service that manages videos on demand (VOD) content and architect and maintain the infrastructure needed for our live streaming. Ultimately, the goal is to ensure the highest quality video content for our members.
We are looking for someone that is comfortable building solutions that scale and work with multiple teams on projects from idea to production. You should be comfortable with identifying areas for improvement, researching the best way to tackle the problem, be able to justify your approach and then implement the solution. You are both a thinker and a doer. You dream big and then make things happen. You should love automating things; we want people who want to work smarter, not harder!
- Part of the core team that develops and maintains, extends and improves our video backend based on state of the art technology
- Collaborate with a highly skilled and passionate team of multi-national engineers to build and operate our video services
- Experience with programming Python or Go
- Experience with AWS media services and Elemental services
- Experience managing infrastructure through code using Terraform and serverless stack framework.
- The successful candidate will have spent several years of their career in customer-facing roles in the field of video, video pipelines delivering software architecture, and a proven record of effective collaborations across multiple internal organizations and interactions with partners and customers.
- Experience working with end-user developer communities.
- Experience with digital rights management.
- Experience with video codecs and compression.
- Experience working with content encoding and transcoding
- Experience in Broadcast/Broadband Television, Video-On-Demand
- Experience with creating AWS Lambda workflows for serverless workflows
- Experience with AWS Elemental physical servers and cloud media services. ● Experience working with global medial delivery in a multi-CDN environment.
- Experience working with AWS technologies from a dev/ops perspective
- Experience with video and audio encoding (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC...) or streaming (HLS, MPEG-DASH...) technologies
- Experience in development and support of production systems used in a 24x7 operations environment
- Excellent understanding of operating system / Linux fundamentals
- Experience in working with networking protocols (such as TCP, TLS, HTTP/2)
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting complex systems using test tools, network management systems, and error reporting systems
- Experience in analyzing and improving efficiency, scalability, stability, reliability, and performance of CDN infrastructure
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.