ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly motivated, hard working individual to join Peloton’s Global Subscription Segment Accounting Team. This candidate will play a key role in the Accounting and Finance Department during a period of high growth and process transformation.This is a high-visibility role, which requires coordinating the flow of confidential information from various business partners to senior management. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end-to-end workstream processes related to accounting for our global music royalty expenses and assisting with management of various areas of the subscription cogs close, as needed. The ideal candidate will have excellent business acumen, strong communication skills, and will be a natural numbers wizard with applicable expertise in Excel and other tools who is excited by the opportunity to help scale our growing global music accounting process. The candidate is an exceptional mentor, teammate and leader who is able to think critically and effectively while exceeding goals in a high-growth, deadline-driven environment. They are an analytical thinker who enjoys working cross-functionally in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Manage the preparation of month-end close processes for assigned areas (including accruals and reserves) ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Ensure data compliance for assigned areas across all relevant systems that drive music royalty calculations
- Perform continuous assessment of the music close process to continually develop, automate, expand and improve month end close through thoughtful analysis and industry research to help drive the reduction of the close timeline
- Partner with Senior Manager & External Consultants in development of automation of Music Models for Monthly Royalty Calculations (including but not limited to UAT and parallel testing)
- Support Business Partners as Accounting SME on on specific aspects of our music business (Business Partners include, but are not limited to Music Strategy, Legal, Data Science, SECTA, Tax, and Treasury)
- Partner with Music Strategy Team over enhancement and automation of Music Reporting Topsheet Workflow with Licensors
- Prepare analytics & business reporting packages over financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management and internal business partners
- Prepare monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations for material reserves and balances
- Review monthly journal entries and related balance sheet account reconciliations prepared by senior accountant for Music Royalties
- Assist with the design and test work leading up to the implementation of a new ERP system and automation of music close and music reporting.
- Review additional Subscription COGS monthly journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations (including but not limited to Streaming & Platform, Content Production and Merchant Fees) prepared by senior accountant
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues as they occur in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA or CPA eligible, highly preferred
- In-depth knowledge of Accounting Theory and Application of U.S. GAAP
- 6+ years of relevant Accounting experience; Public Accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience in SaaS, Media or Music Industries highly preferred
- Experience with Alteryx, highly preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas both verbally and in writing with various levels of senior management
- Superior problem-solving skills & a proactive self starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment with an ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Extremely Detail Oriented and Strong Organizational Skills
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy and MS Excel super user; must be comfortable working with and analyzing large datasets and comfortable with creating end to end automation of business processes
- Experience working with various systems, including but not limited to NetSuite, SAP, Coupa, Looker and Blackline
- Experience supervising staff / seniors
- Experience in a high growth organization; international a plus
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.