Peloton System Engineering team is looking for a skilled and highly motivated Android Framework - Systems Software Engineer interested to be part of a global team working on the current and next generation Peloton platforms based on Android.
The System Engineering team is responsible for developing and maintaining the Android based software platforms in Pelotons current and future products. This involves customizing and extending the Android Open Source Project to enable Peloton specific use cases and as part of the team you will be working on core Android services.
The ideal candidate would be a software generalist with a keen interest in investigating system level issues and working with multiple software domains to engineer elegant solutions. The ideal candidate would be able to work across core components of the Android software stack to develop new software modules as well as debug and integrate existing solutions.
- A software engineer in this position will focus their time working with the Android BSP. As a Systems Software Engineer, they will be expected to work as a team member on our Android based device platforms.
- The person most successful in this position will have a strong understanding of operating systems such as Android and LINUX; Android framework services; Android build system and Linux kernel interfaces. They should also have experience in C/C++ and Java, be comfortable with modern debugging tools and a passion for developing new products.
- Experience working the complete product SW development life cycle is highly desired.
- The person will have a working knowledge of Android-based systems, a very good understanding of Android and operating system concepts. Prior experience of working with video, audio, graphics or experience with Android HALs is an added advantage.
- Analyze existing system software to add features, make modifications, fix bugs, and/or port to different platforms.
- Test software designs and code at the unit and system level.
- Participates in software design and code reviews within their area of responsibility but also within the broader System Engineering group.
- Coordinates software development activities with the software team leader.
- Our team spans multiple time zones and flexibility to accommodate is highly desirable.
- Experience with DSPs, Android application development, FreeRTOS, wireless technologies and edge machine learning is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 years of systems software development.
- 3 years of C/C++ and Java.
- Experience developing Android system level applications and services.
- Experience working on the core Android stack, especially with the framework, HAL, and Linux kernel interfaces.
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.